Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from Marcy Motorsport and had Walter's crew install my Draxas header, and also while I was there I had my Cams Adjusted and also my width of shift gate (LtoR) shortened. Let me say first off that Walter is the most knowledgable guy I've spoke to about this car and has a high performace IQ at finding a way to improve almost anything on the car! Expect big things in the next couple of months to come out of Marcy's. Now I dont have a scanner or Digi but I believe the picture of the header is on the Draxas website. The header and flex-pipe come together and after seeing the stock header come out you can definately see that the header is huge resrtriction and is a must for this car. It is something that can be done by a back-yard mechanic it just will take longer than at a shop. I would expect it would take the average person 3-4 hours with the right tools. Bolted right up no problems. It looks sleek and sexy instead of that godly thing that came out sorry excuse for an exhaust manifold. Also while I was there I was eager to have my cam-timng adjusted so that was next. You have to see it to believe it but I cant believe how simple it was with his alignment tools he developed. Took less than 30min and he kept stopping to instruct the rest of his crew. Think of that 5whp less than $100 and less than 30mn and power not falling off until the limiter! And finally Marcy Motorsport(Walter) has come up with a shift gate mod. that shortens the distance witdth-wise between first and fifth the throws are more precise and closer together and I got to drive home from Marcy's (138 miles) with 40 miles through curves and over a mountain and I love the improvement over stock and I still have the stock shifter it just feels so much different with the mod! Well I guess your're wondering how it drives. It screams!!!
It pulls hard and smooth all the way to the limiter. I havent dynoed it yet but will maybe have one next Sat or Sun with and without Nitrous.(goes on next Friday). I feels like a stock Mustang GT 99 and up. I ran it by a landmark I go by on a Freeway on ramp by my house and picked up 3mph over previous hopefully that carries over to the 1/4 and that would put me at 94mph through the traps. Guys look forward to some innovating stuff coming out of Marcy's shop he filled me on a liitle bit and I am already waiting in line for release. 200whp N/A will be no problem by the end of the summer. And anyone interested you can't go wrong with the Draxas header its a quality piece, nice welds and 2.5" flex pipe. Remember a header is a must for this car. The only drawback is that my car is loooooooud now sounds real deep but a little raspy. Overall I love my new bolt-ons my car is more alive now and thank you DRAXAS and Marcy Motorsport for all your help. Going to the track in about 2 week s I'll post numbers and if you live in Socal show up at Fontana I'm gunning for a 14.5 N/A and 13.5 with n20

·
Registered
271 Posts
hey man so the header was easy to put on because i want to get it soon and i want to put it on with my friends. so is it really hard or no? also did u feel a big difference with the header or what? u know ur gonna have to switch it up when u smog right, i don't care i'm gonna do that every 5 years.

·
Focus Addict
1,245 Posts
Depending on which county he is in, he may not have to smog it unless he sells it. In that case he could just throw the stock exhaust manifold back on. (that is if he kept it, lol) Sounds good. Yeah, Marcy has really been impressing with how quickly they have gotten their mods out and the quality. From what I hear because I dont actually have any mods.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wakeboarder1987 said:
hey man so the header was easy to put on because i want to get it soon and i want to put it on with my friends. so is it really hard or no? also did u feel a big difference with the header or what? u know ur gonna have to switch it up when u smog right, i don't care i'm gonna do that every 5 years.
I wouldn't say that its easy but its not hard either you just needs some jack stands to keep it raised alittle while you do the work underneath, and you have to move some stuff out of the way to pull it out I would plan on 3 hours may be a little more. But if you are mechanically inclined then you are capable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts