Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering whats the simplest method of draining the power steering fluid as mines gone a funny colour and past due from its service record ? (actually I dipped a bit of paper in and its black)

Sadly a bottle of power steering fluid from ford is £20 which sounds excessive but I guess you must use the right stuff for the job.

Yeah so just wondering whats the best way to drain the old stuff out.

Is there a bleeding process or is it a case of refill run with lid off and top up as needed ?

thanks [:)]

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Its relatively simple process. Find the return hose to the resevoir and remove it from the resevoir. Plug the port on the resevoir and extend the hose you removed with some smaller hose so it can be run out of the engine bay and into a drain pan. Get a funnel and a friend with the new fluid and have someone start the car while you pour the fresh fluid into the resevoir. The pump will suck the new fluid in and spit out the old into the drain pan. Once it comes out clean then your done. Hook it back up, top off the resevoir and drive it around to get all the air out of the system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts