Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went drag racing last night at dragway 42 and got to race some muscle car which ripped me a new one and also raced a honda si which beat me by about 2 cars length. Anyways, after the second race i looked at that little gauge by the rpms that measures the coolent or engine temp and i noticed it moved a little. Was that because the engine was cooling down or is something up lol. The car is running fine and i dont think anything is wrong but it noticed the little dial moved but it barley moved. I am new to the drag world but it was FUN! peace

·
Registered
105 Posts
That happened to me once but i also noticed that the fan kicked on right before it moved...i think your focus was just collin down from those adrenalizing drags it just ran.[:)~]

·
Registered
239 Posts
Yeah, Engine was just cooling down. You probably pushed it hard so it was running hot. It was just taking a breath of Fresh air. Nothing to worry about.

Lose to the muscle car and Laugh!

Lose to a Honda and put your head down in shame! You lost to the enemy!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha dude give me some props cause he had more mods than me haha. Didnt beat me by much my friend thought i was going to beat him.... dont hate haha :(

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also i did beat him off the line for awhile. According to the sheet i had a way better reaction time than he did...

·
Registered
239 Posts
Ok Fine, Just dont let it happen again!

Lose = you need more mods!

What kind of Honda was it?? Don't tell me it was a Civic!

·
Registered
105 Posts
TainOE said:
What kind of Honda was it?? Don't tell me it was a Civic!
I'm not to hot on hondas but aren't all Si's Civics?

either way, it's great that you got the R/T win, just keep up your practice and mod the hell out of your little baby and you're gold.[^]

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
there's prelude si, del sol si (drools), i think there is even an older model accord si...

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah i raced a si hatchback that was like a 2003 or 2004 but I don't know much about honda's haha. All I know is that it was quite the rush going down the track being my first time... [:)]

·
Shiroi kabocha
1,974 Posts
can you post and/or pm your timeslip from when you ran the civic si? i would like to see how i would stack up against them.

·
Registered
105 Posts
fallacious_focus said:
can you post and/or pm your timeslip from when you ran the civic si? i would like to see how i would stack up against them.
I second that ^^^ notion! (please [pray]) I'm thinking of making some decals for my rear window at work that say "Civic Eater" but i would like to know that i could do so beforehand....don't wanna be another Domestic-ricer (All talk and nothing to back it up with). [burnout][driving]

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
I havent physically raced a civic si (the hatch back ones with the shifter on the dash) but i saw one with minor mods like mine still running 16s, that was at OSW in Orlando so thats pretty low in elevation.

·
Shiroi kabocha
1,974 Posts
BigRed03 said:
I havent physically raced a civic si (the hatch back ones with the shifter on the dash) but i saw one with minor mods like mine still running 16s, that was at OSW in Orlando so thats pretty low in elevation.
ive raced one with a knappy rear bumper and dual angled grapefruit launchers. i had him by a car all the way up to the governor at which point i was treated to a flyby.

·
Registered
239 Posts
fallacious_focus said:
ive raced one with a knappy rear bumper and dual angled grapefruit launchers. i had him by a car all the way up to the governor at which point i was treated to a flyby.
Damn that sucks! You are in need of a chip! We will let you get away with that lose this time but now that you know the problem, fix it and get'em next time!

I agree time slips would be nice to see!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Come on, i need to know my odds.....just lay it on me....

BigRed03 said:
[:0] .....so you're saying there's a chance.....YEAH!!!!! I got'cha....[:D]

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok well the first run i ran an 18 just because i spun my tires out really bad and didnt know what i was doing hahaha! Second race against the si I got a 16.9306 and he got a 16.3808. My reaction time was .7469 and his reaction time was .8500. So I guess all I have to say is if your going to go against an si try to launch like a bat out of hell haha. I mean after the launch he started to pull away from me and I dont have too much done to my car. However, I bet more than half of the people on this forum can womp on Si's so I dont see anything wrong with Honda eater on your cars because out svt could beat their si and our 2.0 zx3 beat most of their civic models. Later!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts