Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
k i seen that post saying buddies car felt like something was grabbing and surging the car well mine has been doing that for a while but iv had no idea what it was, someone said it was the dpfe thingy, soooo is there a way to deleat that or replace it or fix it or something??

thanks

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
You should explain exactly what your car is doing so we can better help you solve your issue.

You can always replace it, if it is the DPFE. I don't think it costs that much. Contact Mike at Hilbish, b16sir1991.

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
probably the fuel pump thing. there been alot of people have probs with it lately

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
yes we need more info.
if when going around a rotary with less than 1/4 tank of gas and it wants to stall. then it could be the fuel pump issue, which is a recall on the 01's
if you are going 55-65 mph and it feels like it is sputtering then it very well could be the DPFE sensor.
you can do a delete found on www.focushacks.com
or you can go to ford or talk to mike here on the forums and do it the rite way. prob cost you like 40 bucks for the part and 5 mins to replace.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
More info man!! If it is the pump, sometimes is not the pump itself but the filter attached to the pump that gets dirty.
If it is the dpfe prob you should do the dpfe hack so well known instead of change it because it gets bad in short time again.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
k sorry it took me a while to get more info up, k..... it happens when i start from a dead stop and when im cruising, its kinda like a small sputter but doesnt completly sputter, its been doing it for a fwew months now. at first i kinda thought it was my clutch slipping but i had someone check it out and my clutch is perfect. then today my abs light and my ebrake light would go on onkly when my car was moving then after about 15 minutes of driving it went off, but it seemed to drive alot better when the abs light was on.... but its off now. i do have a 2001 and iv been meaning to call ford to see if i can get a new fuel pump but does the recall work for canada too??? i also have a fuel filter laying around that iv been meaning to change but havent gotten around to it. i had a problem with my brakes last year where my right caliper locked on to my rotor (it grapped and wouldnt let go) and it kinda feels like that again but my brakes are fine.......

i dont really know how else to explain it guys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts