Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, haven't been here for awhile (hangin out in a Powerstroke forum[thumb] ), and now I find myself back here in search of an answer to a question I have with my Focus. I developed a miss or stumble in my 00 ZX3 w/Zetec engine and have determined it is the DPFE Sensor (car has over 100k and this has never been replaced). When I removed one of the rubber hoses going to the sensor, I noticed a little water spurting out of it, not much though. Is this normal? I'm thinking it is because the exhaust has moisture dripping out of it while it is idling and this is connected to the exhaust. I need to replace the sensor, but want to make sure this isn't a concern and definitely do not want to destroy a new sensor. What does everybody think? I appreciate any advice from the experts here in this forum[:D]. Thanks again, Mike

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Well. I guess since you see water coming out of the tip of an exhaust some times, that it's just as likely to come out of those hoses. You sure it's water??? Just incase it's not oil or fuel(maybe running way to rich???). I'm no expert, but I've never heard of anything like that. You could try checking this out. http://www.focushacks.com/index.php?modid=80. Just to make sure this is even your problem. I just have mine all taken out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pretty sure its water

Thanks for the response Rabbitccc, yea, pretty sure its water, looked a little brown (rust color), plus I did the taste and smell test[vommit] . This car doesn't get driven very much anymore (5mi. one way to work) and I don't keep the tank filled as full as I should. Maybe I'll fill the tank full and put a bottle of dry gas in it, run it for a while and see if I get anymore water in the lines. Thanks again for the reply. Anybody else experience this? Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts