Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I have been looking everywhere to try to find out the fix that can be done to prevent water damage to the DPFE Sensor in the Foucs. I have read where you tuck some insulation around it or something but nothing that has pics for an example on how to do this. Can anyone give me some guidance on this? I ordered my replacement and before I install the new DPFE Sensor I want to fix this problem...especially since it's winter now. Thanks in advance!

Todd

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to General Tech Chat.

The advice I see most often is to extend the hoses to it and let them droop to help keep moisture from getting into it.

Hadn't seen any comments about external moisture being a problem.

·
Registered
140 Posts
+1 on the longer hoses. Use clamps where applicable to ensure moisture stays out if the fitment of the hoses are not snug. I used fuel hose for my DPFE.

·
Registered
17,459 Posts
You can also remote the sensor a bit like I did by plastic wiretying it to the airduct hose so it is like 6 inches higher and away from the short stub hoses if like the OEM two inch short hose. That and the longer hoses fixed mine freezing in the winter to have a totally messed up idle. Stopped all dtcs too.

There was a factory fix for the firewall mounted DPFE that involved making a shield above sensor to stop rainwater from running down across them to leak in.

Most of the water though comes from inside, it's in the exhaust gas.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts