Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok the original sensor failed in my 03 Focus SE, no big deal it was 15 years old. Bought a new OEM FoMoCo sensor, no more p0401 code or so i thought, 1 week later same code, replace the egr control valve tested the egr still good, cleared the code, went for adrive p0401 again.... Bought new dpfe hoses, an aftermarket dpfe, 2 weeks got a p0405 dpfe low voltage, pulled the sensor founf trace amounts of moisture in the hoses, put the previous sensor in drove for 2 days getting p0401 again no surprise there. What would cause my car to keep nuking dpfe sensors? Its not a egr flow issue new sensor solves the problem for a short while the it comes back.

·
Registered
16,210 Posts
Even with an EGR flow issue the code can stay gone for up to a week. Are the hoses on backwards? It most definitely matters. Maybe regulator.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The vacuum control valve is the regulator right? I replaced the vacuum solenoid valve that connects to the EGR valve itself. The hoses are still hooked up the same way they were when i got the car. The smaller ref hose goes to the pipe on the egr tube closest to the engine, and the larger hose goes to the Hi.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dug a bit deeper into the egr system, know the egr uses vacuum to open vacuum leak would cause the egr to not open. So today went out and started pulling vacuum lines and checking them. Low and behold i pull the line from the intake to the egr solenoid and I find this.

Attachments

·
Registered
16,210 Posts
Once those plastic lines get old enough they break easy as spit, even vibration will make them do it in the winter. I replace them with all rubber once they hit an age old enough I think it is worth the time.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used a piece of rubber vacuum line to replace the plastic piece and ran a new line to the egr valve as well since i had a enough left over. I ran the KOER test seems the DPFE passed it's test threw no codes. Drove the car to town tonight as well, car seems to run better as well perhaps just wishful thinking but seemed slightly more peppy than before.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts