Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!!!!
My DPFE is going bad, and I wanted to buy one from ebay. It cost about 45$ shipped. On pics it looks exactly same as mine. But serial number is deifferent first four numbers, and last two numbers. In the middle both of them have 9j460. So... Are they the same??? Or... inside they are different??

·
Registered
159 Posts
I just replaced my DPFE, got it at autozone.

They had 3 different sensors listed for my 2002 Zetec, and all 3 had a different connector style! They had to order the one that had the same number as mine, and it came with a replacement connector so that it would fit... I had to cut my old connector off and splice this one in.

So, I would make very sure the one you are ordering has the same connector style as you, or it comes with a replacement connector. The 3 connectors I saw were very similar to each other, each was just a little wider or longer than the other.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Replace the YM2A-9J460-AB DPFE sensor with a 4U7Z-9J460-AA which is an improved part and a direct replacement. This is the type of sensor that mounts on top of two short hoses coming up from the EGR tube. There is an earlier variety that mounts to the firewall and may require a different replacement part. This topic has been discussed at length in various forums here and elsewhere. Search is your friend.

Part number consists of three groups separated by dashes:

The first character of the first group is the year of the original part design. Typically Y=2000, 1=2001, 2=2002, 3=2003, 4=2004, etc.

The second group is the part, typically 9J460 = DPFE sensor.

The third group is the revision level of the part. AA=original, AB=first revision, etc.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine dpfe is F77E - 9J460 - AB
DPFE what I already bought :) is F77Z - 9J460 - AB
On pictures it looks really same

1 - 4 of 4 Posts