1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
577 Posts
fyi i dont think that ebay links work on ff, you need to put the item number down.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
link should work now. basically they make the 02 sensor stay out of direct exhaust path.

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
I don't see how that would make any difference...just get the O2 cheater from www.newedgeperformance.com, I've had mine installed since last July and I've had yet to get a CEL relating to the downstream O2 sensor. It'll cost you $30, but it'll actually work.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I was wondering if this would actually work or not since it still places the 02 sensor in the stream of the exhaust gases. I just didnt want to cut my 02 wires. I've done it before on my spec V when I installed a header.
By the way do I have to lengthen the wires to install a FS header or will they reach?

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
I've never done a FS header install, but with the newedge cheater you won't need to cut the wires, it comes with plugs so you just plug it in between the sensor and the wiring that runs to the computer.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ordered one from newedge. Kind of pricey for what it is. Cost over $40 bucks when shipped.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Taking two 14mm spark plug anti-foulers and stacking them is all those Ebay things are.Yea,they will work as the oxygen sensor has to be in the stream to accurately record data.Cheap trick,but it works(I've done it myself)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So thats what the things are. I don't believe it will fit on a focus with a race header. I found the pic of the header installed on Focus sports web site. It looks tight in there.
Interesting I might try those things on my Delsol. Where can I locate those Spark plug anti-foulers, any auto parts store?

·
Banned
80 Posts
This definetly won't fit on a FS 4-1 header, there is NO room at all. what I did was remove the second o2 all together since its disabled in the SCT tune. Plugged the hole witha bung, much cleaner.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts