Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, recently this past weekend, my battery died on me and made the HID Short? or just cut out. well i charged up my battery and my hid's still don't work. when i bout your kit, it was said it had life time warranty. well does this count to be traded in?

how do i till if the bulbs are bad or the ballest??(spell check)

picture direction something please!!

thank you!

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
after the short, are both headlights INOP?

Have you looked at the fuse for the relay harness? If that protected the system during the short, you will need to replace it.

What about the headlights? if one is working, have you tried switching ballasts to see if the ballast will work on the headlight that isn't working? If that doesn't work, and you have one headlight that is working, have you switched the bulb to the other headlight to see if it works.

Let's begin to go through some troubleshooting, and we can figure out where your problem is likely to lie.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
okay, lets trouble shoot.

"What about the headlights? if one is working, have you tried switching ballasts to see if the ballast will work on the headlight that isn't working? If that doesn't work, and you have one headlight that is working, have you switched the bulb to the other headlight to see if it works."

can't do this, because after the shortage, both hid won't turn on.

i didn't hook up thee harness that came with the kit, instead i used the plug and play method instead. right now im in the process of checking the fuses and relay. i came back on to get a diagram of the fuses/relay.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FYI, Prior to this incident, their was a smell burn going on. It’s been going on for about a week or 2 before that Sunday night. And after I lost my Hid’s we didn’t smell it anymore OR we just had more important things to worry about then a smell.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
well, the easiest thing to do would be to send the full kit in for testing, if you aren't able to locate any blown fuses.

do you know what the cause of the battery failure was? could that have been the source of the smell?

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Battery failure was due from a loose connection on the positive terminal. By the time I got it home and check it out, it was all drained out. It would only start by a jump start.

The smell, I never found out why. but after charging the battery, it start the car without a problem... test drove it for about 3 miles and no problem, I got back and remember about the hid's, tried it but not success

------

1 question.... is the bulb to the kit suppose to be clear or a little foggy? Mine’s is just that, a little foggy.

-------

but let me try out 2 things before we resort to sending the kit back.... I’m going to try the relay, and trying regular’s halogen bulbs

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
the bulbs will be a little foggy - no worries there typically.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
okay, I looked over problem today and found out why my low beam (HID) wasn't working, it’s from a fuse the blew.... Dam thing.

AFTER replacing it and testing it out, I found out 1 of my ballest is dead. Both bulbs and 1 ballest is fine.

So how can I send you the ballest and how long will I expect for a replacement?

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
okay, I looked over problem today and found out why my low beam (HID) wasn't working, it’s from a fuse the blew.... Dam thing.

AFTER replacing it and testing it out, I found out 1 of my ballest is dead. Both bulbs and 1 ballest is fine.

So how can I send you the ballest and how long will I expect for a replacement?
shoot us a pm, and we can discuss warranty info.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
we didn't realize it was an oracle 50 watt ballast, it is getting forwarded onto them for testing and will be replaced through them.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
they do not refurb, only new. i will have to see what their turn around time is.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
the ballast has been sent to the manufacturer for replacement. i will check on it when they open monday.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
not being a pest. i will check for you tomorrow. my contact at the manufacturer is currently at sema, so it has been a rough week in terms of communications.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.