Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I placed my TI order on June 6th and two days later, I decided to add the premium package. The dealer indicated this wouldn't be a problem. To my horror [facepalm], I got on the dealer's web site today, and there it was, my original order. I called them and they said they were unable to cancel/modify the order. So if any of you out there know of someone in or near Utah that is looking for a 2012 Focus Titanuim VIN# 1FAHP3J29CL195153, please have them check out Ken Garff dealer in American Fork UT. My car should be arriving any day now. The dealer has been awesome to work with.

http://www.kengarff.com/new/Ford/2012-Ford-Focus-95755ffa0a0a000201dd31be0a83d6d9.htm

·
Registered
10 Posts
I placed my TI order on June 6th and two days later, I decided to add the premium package. The dealer indicated this wouldn't be a problem. To my horror [facepalm], I got on the dealer's web site today, and there it was, my original order. I called them and they said they were unable to cancel/modify the order. So if any of you out there know of someone in or near Utah that is looking for a 2012 Focus Titanuim VIN# 1FAHP3J29CL195153, please have them check out Ken Garff dealer in American Fork UT. My car should be arriving any day now. The dealer has been awesome to work with.

http://www.kengarff.com/new/Ford/2012-Ford-Focus-95755ffa0a0a000201dd31be0a83d6d9.htm
I did the same thing - except I decided to delete parking assist and navigation. They tried to modify but ended up having to order a second one. So now I have the choice...kinda gravitating back to the original one.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
I did the same thing - except I decided to delete parking assist and navigation. They tried to modify but ended up having to order a second one. So now I have the choice...kinda gravitating back to the original one.
A lot of people complain about the park assist claiming "if you can't parallel park, you shouldn't be allowed to drive." Well, I have never been in an accident and I have been parallel parking an SUV in Milwaukee since I moved there. However, I must say the Focus' parking assist really is nice - and fast!

I got it for the backup camera specifically. It all depends on what you need. I live in downtown Milwaukee where no one has driveways and it is not uncommon for me to (parallel) park 3-4 blocks away from my house. There are days when I parallel park 3+ times a day and this car gets it on the first try every time. For me it was a no-brainer. If you have a driveway, that's your call. The parking sensors are nice too.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Well this doesn't bode well for me. I wanted the polished alloy wheels on my Titanium.
Just saw my windows sticker today and it shows i'm getting the machined and painted ones. I'm waiting to hear back from the dealer right now. If it can't get changed i'm going to be irritated because it would be their screw up and not mine.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Are the polished aluminums part of a package or an upgrade? Reason I ask is that my window sticker listed the 17's for my car under "Included at no charge" even though I had the sports handling package ordered. Under "Optional equipment" is showed the 18's. I'd give that a quick double-check.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
...my window sticker listed the 17's for my car under "Included at no charge" even though I had the sports handling package ordered. Under "Optional equipment" is showed the 18's..
Same with me. But if he's sticking with 17" titanium polished, I'd think it would say that and not painted/machined. So the question is: Are you getting the titanium handling package?

·
Registered
12 Posts
PratoN,

I'm so glad to hear something positive about the parking assist package! I ordered the package and am still waiting for my car to arrive... but I noticed no one on this forum seems to mention the parking package all that much/no one seems to have ordered it. I think having a backup camera will be awesome, hence my main reason for picking the package. I rarely parallel park but it'd be nice to have the option to let the car do it itself.

·
Registered
882 Posts
A lot of people complain about the park assist claiming "if you can't parallel park, you shouldn't be allowed to drive." Well, I have never been in an accident and I have been parallel parking an SUV in Milwaukee since I moved there. However, I must say the Focus' parking assist really is nice - and fast!

I got it for the backup camera specifically. It all depends on what you need. I live in downtown Milwaukee where no one has driveways and it is not uncommon for me to (parallel) park 3-4 blocks away from my house. There are days when I parallel park 3+ times a day and this car gets it on the first try every time. For me it was a no-brainer. If you have a driveway, that's your call. The parking sensors are nice too.
Aye I got the park assist, as well. I couldn't care less about its ability to parallel park (I live in Cleveland I parallel park quite often...but I've never even tested this functionality).

However, the rear-view camera is *amazing*. For those of us with dark windows being able to have a crystal clear (and *very* bright) view of behind is an amazing help. Even when it's pitch black out and the lights aren't making much of a difference (if you're rolling over grass or dark pavement and the rear-view lights don't reflect), it's no problem.

*THE CAMERA HAS AN INFRARED MODE*

Don't believe me? Wait until it's pitch black and try reversing into the grass. It'll switch to an infrared mode and you'll be able to see perfectly (although with a bit of noise/grain in the video). It's great!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Infrared mode!!! Wow. I'm even happier about my decision now :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
There are 4 wheel options that i had when ordering. The standard Titanium wheels, the 18" performance package ones or these two.

I ordered these.

But its coming with these.

Dealership contacted the regional Ford rep. They are going to see if they can get the wheels switched.

The dealership said they could order me another Titanium. I told them that is an unacceptable answer and i'm not waiting again because of their F up.

Why can't they just order the wheels from Ford? Something I will have to ask them i guess.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Dealership contacted the regional Ford rep. They are going to see if they can get the wheels switched.

The dealership said they could order me another Titanium. I told them that is an unacceptable answer and i'm not waiting again because of their F up.

Why can't they just order the wheels from Ford? Something I will have to ask them i guess.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, no doubt! If you already have your window sticker you certainly don't want to move back to the back of the line again, especially for something messed up on their end. You'd think it would be as easy as the dealership simply ordering the rims you want and swapping them out and I hope they can do that for you but I have seen things on other threads where something appears it "would be as easy as" and it ends up getting unecessarily complicated, inconvenient, or both. Don't know if it is Ford or the dealerships making it so.

Best of luck. Hope the dealership and/or Ford can take care of you!

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm prepared to potentially walk away from the order and demand my deposit back.
I've asked the sales manager to have their accessory department they have to order the correct rims. cricket.. cricket.. So yeah, this could get ugly over something as simple as changing the wheels.

That is the whole part of ordering a new car, to get exactly what I want!

I should know the outcome later today on whether or not they are able to fix the issue before the car ships.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Wow I would furious of they messed up my order like that. Thankfully mine came perfect with nothing wrong or missing. I have the Sterling Grey Ti with the painted rims and I absolutely love them. Everywhere I go the car turns heads.. but it all comes down to personal preference and you ordered your car to get what YOU want. There should be no fight to get the correct set of rims. Good luck!

I didn't have a choice in the matter of what options I wanted and didn't want.. Ford loaded up the car w/ every option available so it came with the park assist and backup camera. I live in the suberbs of NJ so I rarely ever parallel park unless I go to Philly, but when I've played around with it with people asking to see how it works and it is simply an amazing feature.. everyone was floored! Its good to have. And I absolutely love the backup camera.. I am never need to look over my shoulder anymore, this thing is great, even at night!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Sorry OP for the high jack. Its kind of on the same note as what you did except i haven't ordered a second one.

Yep i'm hosed. Its to late. Dealership can't do anything about it but order me a new one.

Talked to the sales manager, he would take $400 off the price of the car. While its a nice offer, if I wanted to buy the rims I ordered it would cost me almost $1200 through the Ford accessory website!

Told him to let me know when it gets in and I'll come look at it and see if I want to buy it.

Also wrote to Ford Corporate to see if they have any options or if they can work with the dealer to swap rims.

Who knows, maybe the machines and painted wheels will grow on me.
I've been looking at Elantras, Senatas, Camry and Civics for alternates.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts