Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got a kenwood ddx512 radio for free from a friend in exchange for some tires. but its way over sized for my focus, is there away to make it fit like cutting it bigger (which i want to try and avoid) or is there a new dash kit i can buy with a bigger opening? and since im asking i cant seem to find the radio thread does anyone have the diagram to wire up the rca's for the stock amp?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok to clear it up the radio will fit if I shave a lil off the top of the dash but the sleeve that came with it is to big do I just not use that sleeve then how does it lock in there? What dash kit are you using and where can I find one? I see it closes up the gaps on the side.

·
/人◕ ‿‿&#65
3,318 Posts
It's a Metra kit, forgot the partnumber but its very easy to find.

I had to trim on the top and bottom. I trimmed a little too much on the top so you can see the bottom of the hazard switch a tiny bit.

It just clips into the surround. I didn't put the 4 screws back on, because it was so snug I felt the only way you could remove it was to remove the whole radio surround with it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a Metra kit, forgot the partnumber but its very easy to find.

I had to trim on the top and bottom. I trimmed a little too much on the top so you can see the bottom of the hazard switch a tiny bit.

It just clips into the surround. I didn't put the 4 screws back on, because it was so snug I felt the only way you could remove it was to remove the whole radio surround with it.
ok thanks man! that helps me alot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts