Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got this decent touch screen unit, I want to put it in my car but I am told because of the bevel in my stereo panel they do not make a dash kit for a Double din. Can someone help me out and tell me what it is i need to do or point me to a place that makes custom dash kits? Any help would be amazing.

Thanks

Nick

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
The 200-04 models have a 1.8 din. So you will have to cut and do some fiberglass or bondo to make it work. IMO it never turns out right and looks like crap. But it's up to you. There is no dash kit that you can buy. One of your local car audio shops may do it for you but you will pay out the ass.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks yeah I just figured that out damn I did a trade for this unit so hopefully the guy will understand and hook me up with something different or trade me back we shall see thanks for the input.

·
coooookie monster
7,570 Posts
i will buy it! trade you stock 6disc!

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
Warneej has done this and put a carputer in his car. check out his gallery

·
Registered
395 Posts
there are dubble dins i did mine last year fits perfect ill take pics and show you....if you want i can get you one and ship it if you pay for it and shipping.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
i am currently working on one as well...first one came out great til i put it in the car...so doing another one different then gonna try and go back and fix the other one...prolly sell it too

·
Registered
936 Posts
Evidentually you can use the double din kit from some like truck or SUV model Ford. Dig deep enough and search enough on here and you should find posts of people that have done it.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
The 200-04 models have a 1.8 din. So you will have to cut and do some fiberglass or bondo to make it work. IMO it never turns out right and looks like crap. But it's up to you. There is no dash kit that you can buy. One of your local car audio shops may do it for you but you will pay out the ass.
wrong... if this is the case then why did my kenwood ddx7015 double din go in my svt with absoloutly no cutting, bondo, or fiberglass with room to spare? i did it myself in about 30 mins and it didnt cost me a dime to install other than the walmart harness.

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
wrong... if this is the case then why did my kenwood ddx7015 double din go in my svt with absoloutly no cutting, bondo, or fiberglass with room to spare? i did it myself in about 30 mins and it didnt cost me a dime to install other than the walmart harness.

becuase that "room to spare" looks like complete shit. if you want it to look correct, youb must cut/fiberglass/bondo to make it look correct.

i love your holes on every side of the radio though, looks great....

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
becuase that "room to spare" looks like complete shit. if you want it to look correct, youb must cut/fiberglass/bondo to make it look correct.

i love your holes on every side of the radio though, looks great....
haha, thats going to be filled with a sheet of abs black plastic thats readily available almost anywhere for nearly nothing. if you would pour bondo or fiberglass into cracks that small then your pretty much a moron. not to mention if theres "room to spare" what the hell would you cut? lmao, its funny how you originally stated the dash is just a 1.8 din and theres no way a 2 din will fit but my 2 din has these huge cracks around it that need filling with bondo and fiberglass... [dunno]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts