Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted in the interior/audio section but no luck. My wife has a 2012 focus titanium hatchback with the Sony audio system. I want to update the headunit but because of the design I can't just slip the old one out and new one in. All the bezels I see are for the base model. Is there anything available for this interior other than the cheap chinese tesla screens? My interior is this one:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it seems like a lot of kits exist for the base model but nothing for the Sony sound system. I find that difficult to believe :/

·
Registered
79 Posts
Crutchfield.com states "we don't recommend replacing the radio in your car" (!) when the Sony system is set as the existing option in their configurator.

So their must be something truly bizarre about the configuration of the Sony system.

Even the base system is pretty strange in these cars. Switched power for the head unit runs through the crappy little audio display, so the double DIN conversion kits have to retain the display. It just sits there displaying date and time.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Even the base system is pretty strange in these cars. Switched power for the head unit runs through the crappy little audio display, so the double DIN conversion kits have to retain the display. It just sits there displaying date and time.
And in my case, the wrong date and time, since removing the stock unit takes away my ability to update it. Of course, I have a simple wiring harness - not a Maestro setup - so maybe if I paid another $150+, I could change it.

The magnetic mount for my phone sits in that space, so I don't usually see the useless screen, anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts