Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK when I go to start my car in the morning and get out and shut the door they lock and before I know it my car is started and doors shut locked. [lockdance] What causes this??? Its not only when i first start it either, sometimes when I get in it or even open the door they just lock. I keep a spare key but inside my house and it doesnt help that my house key is locked in the car too! HELP!! It doesnt do this all the time so it very frustrating, any help is appreciated.

I've looked at all the other threads and I found no helpful hints.

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
a simple fix would have to be the obvious. dont start the car then shut the door. leave it open a little unless u live in a very dangerous neighborhood. if anything carry a spare key in ur shoe or pocket or somewhere on u or the car so that way u can get in.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Iam pretty sure all focuses have auto locking doors....I know that as soon as you start moving the car locks up. I have never had it lock on me before it started moving though, but in the winter i always leave the window down when iam clearing snow off it.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Any car mechanic will tell you......never close the door with the key in the ignition without rolling a window down. You just never know. The other thing to know about this.....if your Focus is running with the doors locked, your remote probably won't open a door, if you had it to use. That apparently is normal behavior.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok im not trying to use my remote to unlock them, i dont want them locked at all and rolling the window down defeats the purpose of trying to warm it up in single digit weather conditions. I keep spare keys everywhere now, this is just a pita and want to know if anyone else was having similar issues. this problem just started this winter.

·
Registered
74 Posts
OK when I go to start my car in the morning and get out and shut the door they lock and before I know it my car is started and doors shut locked. [lockdance] What causes this??? Its not only when i first start it either, sometimes when I get in it or even open the door they just lock. I keep a spare key but inside my house and it doesnt help that my house key is locked in the car too! HELP!! It doesnt do this all the time so it very frustrating, any help is appreciated.

I've looked at all the other threads and I found no helpful hints.
I start my car, lock the keys in it. I keep a door access key only, in my wallet.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I guess I just have a posessed car, the name sure fits

1 - 10 of 10 Posts