Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Focus that until now I was very happy with. All of the sudden the door won't stay closed. I've been reading that spraying some oil in there can help. I tried this, but to no avail. I also tried playing with the plastic latch to see if it was stuck.

I've been reading that this is a known issue and usually the whole latch assembly needs to be replaced. Is this true? Does anyone know the part number? I've been trying to find it on Google but it's been harder than I thought.

Has there been a recall on this?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
FWIW - I hadn't seen this on the MkIII's yet, various door latch & handle problems have been around on earlier models.

·
Registered
17,186 Posts
Latch, maybe a broken spring inside or seized up latch key and would be easy to fix but for the fact they build them in such a way you must destroy them to get apart. Riveted and pressfitted together.

BTDT on earlier ones, I had to drill and tap parts to get it back together, cost maybe $5 and a healthy dose of cussin'...................

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
I have a 2012 Focus that until now I was very happy with. All of the sudden the door won't stay closed. I've been reading that spraying some oil in there can help. I tried this, but to no avail. I also tried playing with the plastic latch to see if it was stuck.

I've been reading that this is a known issue and usually the whole latch assembly needs to be replaced. Is this true? Does anyone know the part number? I've been trying to find it on Google but it's been harder than I thought.

Has there been a recall on this?

Thanks
Will you be heading to your dealer to have this taken care of? Please let me know, along with your mileage.

Meagan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts