Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I might find aluminum or chrome door sill plates for
a ZX5. I have seen some for the ZX3 but have yet to find anyone (except for
Ford - too expensive and plastic fake carbon fiber look ) who sells them for the ZX5?

·
Registered
877 Posts
I've been looking also.. Ive only found ZX3 ones. I didnt know ford made them for the Zx5 in CF, Does it look real at all? Assuming its just the fake L pattern stuff.

Thanks, Shawn

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, it's just the fake stuff and it has the focus logo on them. They are not terrible, I wish I could find something better but if not I would rather have the ones from the dealership than have my door sills scraped up.

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not sure?????.......I'm going to the dealership today to pick something up, I'll have to look or ask the parts person. I'll let you know what I find out.

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MikeSVT, didn't have a chance to look at the SVT ZX5 for door sills but found some at www.spmotorsports.com in their Focus section. $90 for the set so long as you don't mind the Ford Racing logo on them.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Door Sills

If your interested in door sills, I may be able to help. Would you like carbon fiber? I mean REAL carbon fiber? If so, let me know.

·
12 years strong
6,882 Posts
i got some sill plates on mine. i cant remember where i found them but ill try to look for em. they r pretty nice. they r alluminum and say focus on them. its for a zx5 and the back 2 plates dont say anything. just bare. if i can find em, ill post up a link.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Is the 50 bucks for the front and back ones?

·
Capt. Urn
5,491 Posts
looks cool 420, but its looks like they would be hard to keep clean and shiney, is it that much extra work for you?

i live in wonderful denver, co,where we have two seasons, slush and mud, so i need something easy to keep looking nice.

·
12 years strong
6,882 Posts
naw. its very easy to keep clean. theres like a cover over the focus part so u dont hafta wipe in between the letters or anything. just wipe it down. and its been rainin and a little snow here also and my car is filthy but the sill plates r the only thing shinin on my car.

·
Capt. Urn
5,491 Posts
thanks for the info

[adding to my wishlist.....]
lol

"all things will come in time"

1 - 20 of 26 Posts