Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have a question about my door panel. All suggestions are welcome!! The painted piece on my door panel (see pic) is starting to come off. Anyone have a suggestion as to what glue I should use to put it back in place?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
feels good to not be alone! i have tried this glue all crap, 3m glues, tacky strips....some other glue brands....still none have been effective....it seems like it's going to bond & then one hot texas day, & it comes right off...HELP!!!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my bro was telling me to use that just yesterday....i think i will...thank you for your suggestion!!!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
ok, here is an update for ppl who might have the same problem-
i was going to use gorilla glue but this other glue caught my eye....the glue is by Devcon & it's called High Strength Plastic Welder...it's supposed to withstand temps from -40 degrees F to +200 degrees F....sooooo we shall see....

·
puddins betch
0 Posts
caulk ??

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^^
lol thanks...i don't know how well that would work, but hey if they didn't hold, i'd probably try anything

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
your dumb steve lol i also need to talk to u about the site so when u get time call me i know your wondering around the site so call me.

also i think im gonna ty gorilla glue. when i get it ill let u know how it went

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yea, that freakin crap i tried last w/e was exactly that CRAP....so, i put gorilla glue on & it's rock hard so far

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
^^
yes big time crap!! i actually thought it might hold since it was supposed to hold in such high heat but it didn't. guess it gets hotter than 200 degrees F inside my car.

so, i'm thinking the gg is going to work! it is so far!

·
Registered
38 Posts
we use pvc glue all the time for plastic parts!the trick is don't forget to prime both pieces first...and make sure both pieces are PLASTIC!!!(it just makes a big mess otherwise).Oh yeah and you will have to have the panel laying flat so the stuff doesn't run!!the purple primer would look like hell on your door panel![?|]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts