Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recoveres my door panel inserts in red vinyl. I used allsport vinyl. I recommend this especially to novices as it super stretchy. Also used landau top contact cement. This or similar must be used to insure longetivy i would advise to not use any standrd spray adhesive. Remove panels and yoi will fund the insert is attached through several plastic spot welds. Take a heat gun and as you pull up on insert heat the plastic weld till it melts and panel will pop loose. Do one at a time working your way around. To reattach use short screws abd screw into the not hardened plast glovs remaining from melting.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
I recoveres my door panel inserts in red vinyl. I used allsport vinyl. I recommend this especially to novices as it super stretchy. Also used landau top contact cement. This or similar must be used to insure longetivy i would advise to not use any standrd spray adhesive. Remove panels and yoi will fund the insert is attached through several plastic spot welds. Take a heat gun and as you pull up on insert heat the plastic weld till it melts and panel will pop loose. Do one at a time working your way around. To reattach use short screws abd screw into the not hardened plast glovs remaining from melting.
That looks crazyy good brother! Where'd you buy the vinyl from? any stores carry it?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Look it up on google under allsport vinyl. Only larger vinyl supplie places will have it instock. Granted the pieces didnt require much stretching. It makes it asier for someone less experianced. Also it is really highly durable vinyl with a great texture and feel

·
Registered
285 Posts
Now do mine...black leather will be just fine, tuck n roll (ol'school)....thanks (lol). Looks great, new profession starting.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Chasedabase, thanks for the write up. You got some skills, brother. I looked closely at the pics, and man every edge, crease and fold are spot on, and tucked in beautifully.

Ever thought about recovering your seats, to lose that basic Ford cloth and replace with "leatherette" or leather, OR even something else that really makes it yours?
(I say "something else" 'cause I realize that there are legions of folks out there that really do not like the "L" word)

Either way, your work is beautiful.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Looks great! Love the red. What size screws and washers did you use to reattach?

I have some redline goods door inserts that I need to install.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts