Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im so sick of the road noise in this car that Ive decided to dynamat the whole thing. I did a cursory glance of the door and didnt see a single screw. Does anyone have a blowup of the door assmebly/removal or have any suggestions/advice? Also do any of you guys have a better suggestion for reducing road noise besides dynamat?

·
Registered
4 Posts
It has been a few months but on the front doors there are screws behind the inside door handle, under the cap the size of a dime. Also on the rear outside edge of the door panel, under an oblong cover. The last screw was under the panel the switches are in. Other than that it is held in by clips and should pull straight off.
I used a product called damplifier pro from second skin audio. Way cheaper, lighter and the adhesive is really good. I also purchased replacement door panel clips from clips and fasteners. Box of 25 was $11, much cheaper than the dealer.
BTW the rear doors don't have the screw on the outside edge of the panel, but the others are the same.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Any pics of the process? Are you pleased with the results from the stuff you used? Where did you buy it from?

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Check out "RAAMaudio.com". I used its mat product on the entire area in my hatch where the spare is kept. Also under the seat bottoms of the back seats. Spent about $170, and have about half the product left. Really did a great job in reducing road noise, and the "not nice noises" coming into the car from my dual Magnaflow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts