Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
zetec 2 duratec swap
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont know if this goes here or in the interior section but here goes. i open the door. the car chimes telling me its open. i put the key in the ignition to turn on the radio. the car chimes telling me the door is open. its really starting to irritate me. i know the door is open. theres a big red dummy light saying its open. and yet it still chimes like im a retard. PLEASE TELL ME THERE IS SOMEWAY OF KILLING THE CHIME![bigcry] [vommit] [?|] there has to be some way of disabling it right? please help me before i rip my door apart or possibly tear it off all together.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
absolutely, there is a way........ it's actually on the back of the main fuse box, you'd have to take it out, I haven't done it personally, but there's like this relay module on the back of it, and just take it out and bye bye idiot noise [;)]

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
ok my apoligies......it's not that simple, so you'll have to try the one by pulling the bell out of the black box.... what I was thinking of was the headlight on/not in park mode chime, which is in the box behind the fuse panel, but it's the whole timer module that does some other things...... :p

·
暗炎
1,925 Posts
Because the zip tie only disables the door chime and probably sticks out like a sore thumb.
That would also disable the dash light so you don't know if your door is completely latched.
Not that the whistling sound wouldn't be a good clue, but the dash light is a sure answer.

The speaker removal also takes care of the seat belt reminder.
Essentially, you're taking care of two birds with one stone.

·
暗炎
1,925 Posts
If no one answered the question then he wouldn't know what his options are.
He can pick the one he likes the best.

Why complain when someone's sharing Focus information?

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
[dunno] [rofl] [dunno] [rofl] [dunno] [rofl] [dunno] [rofl] [dunno] [rofl] [dunno] [rofl] [dunno] [rofl] [dunno] [rofl] [dunno] [rofl] [dunno] [rofl] [dunno] [rofl] [dunno] [rofl] [dunno] [rofl] [dunno] [rofl] [dunno] [rofl] [dunno] [rofl] [dunno] [rofl] [dunno] [rofl] [dunno] [rofl] [dunno] [rofl] [dunno] [rofl] [dunno] [rofl] [dunno] [rofl] [dunno] [rofl] [dunno] [rofl] [dunno] [rofl] [dunno] [rofl] [dunno] [rofl] [dunno] [rofl] [dunno]

.....[clap]

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Yeah but all it takes is the flip of a switch to turn it on IF i need it. Dome light doesn't concern me it's the annoying door chime lol

·
zetec 2 duratec swap
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok thanks guys. i tried the ziptie as a quick simple soulution first but it came off the latch...il get into the box sometime later today and see what happens. thanks for all the input guys.

·
Busy Monkey
4,461 Posts
Woohoo! I just did the chime removal on my '04!
It was very similar to the '05 guide, took me all of about 5 minutes, PLUS it made me clean out my glove box lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts