Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive an 03 zx3 and when I play a bassy song, have my subs up the mirrors rattle. Its not the black plastic piece but the actual piece of glass. I was just wondering if there is anyway to stop that. For some reason the left mirror rattles more than the right? Maybe its louder on the left who knows
anyone have this problem and know hot to stop it?

I tried putting some egg carton foam behind the left mirror to no result

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
My car does the same thing on the drivers side mirror but that is the side with a replacement mirror and part of the foam separating it from the car is damaged. Like shown above, any kind of foam can be put between the mirror and the car and should fix the worst of the vibrations.

·
Registered
14,399 Posts
My whole Damn car rattles lol price ya pay for having subs :)

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My whole Damn car rattles lol price ya pay for having subs :)
or you pay a higher price and get sound deadner

and to the person above that suggested the tiles.... How do you plan on me putting a metal tile on the back of a piece of glass?

anyone know how to pull apart the mirrors?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Pull...Hard...it will come apart...one way or another. Most don't come apart without breaking.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pull...Hard...it will come apart...one way or another. Most don't come apart without breaking.

Screw it, Ill just wait until the vibration finally cracks the mirror or make it pop out. If I had to measure it the vibration on the driver side is probably twice as bad as passanger. I recently upgraded my system and its really really bad now [8]

·
Registered
14,399 Posts

and to the person above that suggested the tiles.... How do you plan on me putting a metal tile on the back of a piece of glass?

I'm to lazy to do that hahaha...doesn't bother me really [;)]

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
DON'T PULL THE GLASS OFF!

Use rubber or something to isolate the whole mirror housing from the car. If the mirror housing doesn't get any vibrations, the mirror glass won't either.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
DON'T PULL THE GLASS OFF!

Use rubber or something to isolate the whole mirror housing from the car. If the mirror housing doesn't get any vibrations, the mirror glass won't either.

I actually have some small rubber blocks Ill stuff in there.

Also any advice on doing a hair trick? should I port up or port back right now its port back and I get a little movement when people are in the back seat but not much.

Just wondering how it would be subs up port up

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I actually have some small rubber blocks Ill stuff in there.

Also any advice on doing a hair trick? should I port up or port back right now its port back and I get a little movement when people are in the back seat but not much.

Just wondering how it would be subs up port up
most setups are best port back, by hair trick im guessing the air movement pushing and pulling at your hair? more bass will help with that lol [clap]

·
Registered
299 Posts

Sound deadener only goes so far.

And I think he was talking about putting it where the side mirror mounts to the car itself. That is the best place to put anything. Just a couple bolts mounting it on there, pop off the side trim inside and you can get to them.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
Some weather stripping foam under the mounting point of the mirror and behind your tail lights helps a lot.

·
Registered
123 Posts

The "metal" part is basically just a thick aluminum foil, you should be able to cut or bend it no prob. I can't help in getting the mirror off though.

·
Registered
17 Posts
As for the mirror, there is probably not much you can do about it. Subs will do that, especially if you want hair trick status.
As for port aiming for best odds at a hair trick, it really depends on box size. If your box is about 4 or more inches away from the hatch, port back is most likely best. If you have a larger box and the port is closer than about 4 inches, sub up/port up will probably load better. To get an idea where you stand, what are you running equipment wise? Any pics?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts