Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done a search and tried all the usual suspects, fuse behind the f panel, alarm control module behind the glovebox, other fuses, still nothing.

My problem is very similar to this post http://autoforumz.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t...8449&am

Started off with a burning smell then then none of the doors would unlock with the pushbuttons or the key fob. Didn't find any burnt wires.

When the door buttons are pushed i hear a clicking at the alarm module (glovebox) but no sound in the door locks, when the unlock key is pressed on the keyfob the interior lights come on so something IS working ,also the trunk opens using the keyfob so i don't think its anything with the alarm system.

Right now i can use the key to unlock the front doors but the rear doors wont open at all, even when you force the lock tab to unlock, its like it has spring pressure on them,even with the battery disc. I really need to get the rear doors working since i have a 11mo old in the back. Getting him in the rear carseat is a real hassle,not to mention a real safety hazzard.

Thanks alot.

Michael

·
Registered
577 Posts
my pos focus had a similar problem. at first my fuse went out so my keyless didnt work. So i replaced the fuse, then the fuse went out again, i ran out of the correct fuse size and was too layz to go get the right one at the time. i know your not supposed to do that, but i did it "temorarily". Anyways, After 6 months or so, my car wouldnt even lock/unlock using the key, door handle from the inside or outside. I guess the culprite was the locking module on my drivers door.

It was a real pain to remove the pannel with the door in the locked position, but i got it out and switched out the module, and i still have the same fuse that is over rated on amperage today ( i guess i dont learn my lesson lmao, but im going to take it out this summer)

anyways, maybe it could be the similar problem b/c even when i forced it, it wouldnt open, but this didnt happen to me on both rear doors, just one door.

but the burning smell, im guessing the module froze up and shorted.

fyi, this will probably run u about 220$ in parts if both rear modules need to be replaced.. my ford dealership wanted 180 for one module. i said screw that and i ordered it online for cost +10%. lmk if u need the module and i can send u in the right direction.

again im not 100% sure this is the problem, but from what you said, it seems like it

btw ur link doesnt work

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
You need to check the acuator. Thats the little electric devise that locks and unlocks (pushes and pulls) the locking mechanism. There's one in each door. Its unlikely, but possible, that they are wired in a series. That means if one goes out the others won't work as well.

·
Registered
577 Posts
2000fordfucus said:
I've disc each door wiring harness one by one trying to see it any of them had a short, still nothing.
what do u mean by disc?

disconnected?

did you access the locking mechanisim behind the door pannel?

Did u take suggestion to my post? im pretty sure that is the problem. if u test the wiring to see its working properly, im pretty sure its the locking mechanisim. BTW our foci use cable syle acuators, so its a little harder to deal with, and the acuator is built in to the module that latches on to the door.

If the power works for the harness then, Try ordering locking mechanisim for the focus, or maybe go to the junk yard and pick one up dirt cheap?

·
Registered
139 Posts
i work at a ford dealer and have seen many problems with the door lock modules going bad,the module is built into the latch i believe and they short out,usually seems to be the right rear i see go bad most of the time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Trunk unlock works (fob /dash button)

Alarm arm/disarms works,(IE, interior light comes on when the unlock is pressed from the keyfob.

Door lock/unlock works (fob/door buttons) BUT only a click from the locking module,no movement on any door locks(fob and door buttons)

I have taken each door connector from each door off one at a time, it still doesnt work. Ive tried to trace the wires from the clm to the doors,no luck.

help....

I think im going to get a new clm and disconnect all the doors then connect one door to see if it works.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts