Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
about 2 months ago the passenger door lock stopped working by the interior button and remote. i figured that the actuator had just gone bad, but last night i was on my way home and went to adjust the mirror (power) and nothing worked (driver or passenger) and i also noticed that my driver side power lock no longer works. i was just wondering if anyone ha been through this or has any insight on how to get this problem remedied.

any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks
Tom

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
Start with fuses:
Power mirrors - fuse # 35 - 7.5A
Central timer - fuse location and amperage varies by year
Door locks - fuse #63 - 20A (on back side of fuse panel)

Check your owner's manual to confirm fuse location and functions.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
I had the same power door lock issue and just fixed it yesterday. I'm not sure if my mirrors worked or not, never adjust them.

All I did was remove the green plug from the Central Timer Module straighten 1 pin and plug it back in. I'm not sure how or why but the pin for the locks was bent and not making good contact. It does now and works fine.
The CTM is the black box in front of the ECU. Open the glovebox, squeeze the back and tip it down, look to the right and you'll see the ECU and black box.

Might not be you're issue but worth checking.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
would that central timer module cause the rear hatch release not to work. it hasn't worked since i got the car. it will open with the key, but not the remote or button on the dash. but thank you all for your help, i am going to look at it first thing in the morning and i will post my findings.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
It seemed to for me. The hatch release worked somewhat, but it was really weak. It generally didn't release fully and I had to use the key.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i replaced the power mirror fuse and the passenger door lock started working, but still nothing with the drivers side.... i'm soo confused.

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
Didn't realise your rear hatch didn't work. So that's usually a clue to a common Focus wiring problem that needs checking.; it may not be the absolute cause of all your problems but it needs to be eliminated as interfering with wiring test results. It can cause odd intermittent electrical behaviour in unrelated electrical systems.

Between the two hatch hinges, in the rear hatch sill, there is a wiring connector, often referred to as an an umbilical. It's a black flexible rubber cover. It takes power from the main wiring harness in the body to the liftgate. It provides power for license plate lights, wiper, door lock, third brake light, etc. Over time with the hatch being opened and just plain age, the wires becomes brittle and stressed. They chafe, break and then cause short. Pull the hatch umbilical cover and examine the wires; breaks will be obvious and right there in your face at that location. If you find a problem, repair those wires first before doing any further diagnosis.

For the rear hatch lock release, the dash release button is also prone to fail as it ages. Replacement of the dash button is the usual remedy although you can sometime disassemble and clean the switch contacts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts