Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, so, firstly, apologies if this is in the wrong part of the forum or if it's been answered before - I had a search but couldn't find anything.

I have a 2001 Focus and I'm having issues with my locking. My remote locking hasn't worked for years and it doesn't bother me, but my manual and central locking has started to break and that's obviously an issue.

My key still works perfectly in the ignition, but if I use it in the left-hand front door then nothing happens - no noise, no resistance, anything.

If I use it in the driver's door it unlocks that door, but that's it - none of the other doors on the car unlock. I have to reach in and unlock the drivers' side passenger door from the inside.

This sounds to me like I'll have to replace the locking mechanisms inside both of the front doors, but does anyone know if this is easy/hard to do and which parts to buy?

Also, does anyone have any advice about sorting out the central locking or would that be fixed if I replaced the locks in both doors?

Thank you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is not necessary that you have to go with the dealer or locksmith for door lock replacement, if you have all the equipment and knowledge to deal with locks then you can do its replacement by your own.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well, you must try replacing all the door locks if necessary. In that way, all the locks will work fine without any problem. Also, consider an auto locksmith to do that work as it will cost you much less than the dealership.

·
Registered
16,335 Posts
5 spammers in a row, the antispam technology used here is garbage. This site is turning into spam central.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts