Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 03 ZX3 SVT. My question is this? Has any one had problems with the doors opening hard, or sometimes not at all. I know there is a TSB concerning this issue, and have had the latch/door light assy replaced 4 times to date.

As a former Ford warrany administrator and body shop manager I remember the 96 taurus having the same issue, and Ford never really resolved it. They just kept throwing parts at the problem. Seems the Focus issue is following suite.

bfocused

·
FF Veteran Goofball
5,741 Posts
omg look who it is!!!! :D

hey girl, yeah, i am having issues with my passenger door. it won't open from the outside. the handle pulls out but door won't budge. so if i have my bf with me i have to open it and push it out from inside. bah. it's stupid, but it's probably more stupid for me to pay money to have it fixed, when it's really no biggie. it's been like this for a year now.

i don't know if this is the same issue, but anyways... HIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the warm welcome.. However I am a male... not female.. have you mistaken me for someone else.

It is true I have not been on here for a very long time, I have been very ill. (off topic sorry)
I have end stage liver disease, and have in and out of the hospital numerous times. Finally on the donor list. Just hoping and praying for a chance at a new life.

bfocused

·
FF Veteran Goofball
5,741 Posts
omg i just realized i called you girl.... but i sooo remember you! omg i remember you saying stuff like this a while ago. i sincerely wish you the best!

·
Registered
90 Posts
bfocused said:
I have the 03 ZX3 SVT. My question is this? Has any one had problems with the doors opening hard, or sometimes not at all. I know there is a TSB concerning this issue, and have had the latch/door light assy replaced 4 times to date.

As a former Ford warrany administrator and body shop manager I remember the 96 taurus having the same issue, and Ford never really resolved it. They just kept throwing parts at the problem. Seems the Focus issue is following suite.

bfocused
I have this problem with my car. Would you by any chance know the TSB #.

Thanks

·
Registered
83 Posts
hey i had this problem too, maybe not as severe, but all i did was took a small flat head screw triver, got the best grease there is, and loaded it into the door lock assembly, you know the piece that sticks out on the side of the door. Well it helped out so much, it's easier to open it from the outside as well as the inside, but make sure you get the grease all over the lock, push it up and down and smear it all in there. After i did this, my 14 yrold sister said it's easier to open a door, and she doesn't pay attention to little things like that.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
guywiththeford
hey thanks for the tip I will try this.....
Will let u know outcome.
bfocused

1 - 8 of 8 Posts