Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to replace the door handles and mirrors, but I'm not much of a handy man when it comes to my car and taking the handles and side mirrors off. So I found these...

http://www.european-parts.net/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=47_21_55&products_id=181

They're covers that stick over the existing handles and side mirrors. Does anyone have any experience with these and do they work well? I think chrome door handles and side mirrors would look wicked nice on my pitch black Focus once I get the chrome rims for it. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
758 Posts
On a pitch black car, I think they'd look sic dude. I dunno how well the covers work, or how they look, or stay on well though. But I think they'd look great.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just sent an email to their website inquiring about the door covers, if they have the front driver side door keyhole or not... If they do I plan on buying this mod and seeing how it works out. What's the worst that can happen, if it doesn't work I get the Mazda door handles and have a body shop do it up. Also asked about the side mirror covers, apparently they replace the current mirrors, asked them if they fit on my model. But I agree chrome would look pretty sick, especially with chrome rims and tinted windows. [:D]

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
would that work well tho with the plastic? i want a metallic look, either black or chrome

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I've been on the fence about buying a set for my car. I think they are held on with 3M double sided tape. I doubt they would peel off anytime soon provided that the surface they are applied to is nice and clean. One option, check eBay. There is a seller (rocky5496), the name of his store is "car stuff 4 less". The price is $80 for the door handles and $72 for the mirrors. Shipping is only $5.50 a set. If you buy both the door and mirror covers they will do combined shipping. If you buy from overseas you are going to pay much more for the shipping.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea peeling is something I'd definetly worry about. I'll check out that ebay seller though. I definetly want to get the plastic off my car. Looks so cheap.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Well, I'm no longer on the fence. I bought a set for my sedan on eBay. The seller was chromeyourcar. He was in England, but he had them for much cheaper. ~$73 including shipping was the total price. Took about 5 minutes to put them on. Just cleaned the handles really good using rubbing alcohol, peeled the backing off the 3M adhesive tape and stuck them on. I pressed them in really hard and I gave a little tug on them and they are there pretty good. I really like them. I was going to post a pic but my camera died on me so I got to get ahold of the GF's camera and then I'll post it.

·
Banned
589 Posts
I wouldnt worry about them coming off at all, 3m adhesive tape is good stuff.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
OK, here are the pics:

Before:

After:

Goes great with my front grille:

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I think I like em wonder how much a set for a zx3 is they would look good with my rims

·
Registered
387 Posts
Holy shiat! I love the way those look! I may have to get a pair now....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts