Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there. I got myself a 2008 ford focus that im trying to get rid of right now. Im in the process of fixing small parts, one being the drivers side door doesnt engage from the outside, just the inside. Well i thought it was the door handle so i ordered a new one, opened the door and found out it is actually the door handle renforcement part. I also call it the door handle base.
I looked on AllData and found the part number to be 5426685.
My problem is that i dont know where to find one. I see alot of them for the 2000-2007 Mk1 models but i dont know if it will fit my 2008 focus.
Heres some pictures from the outside looking into the door handle hole with the handle removed. This shows you what part is broke, the little metal C shaped thing.
When looking at these pictures rotate them 90 degrees clockwise to know what your looking at. For some reason the pictures post sideways.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-2011-Ford-Focus-DRIVERS-SIDE-Door-Handle-Reinforcement-8S4Z-5426685-B-/171285507943?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27e1696f67&vxp=mtr#ht_136wt_1155
Now i have been looking at these parts that say they are for my car but i dont see the metal C thing anywhere on it.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Pics a little too close and blurry. Post a few more. I'll rotate them and post back if you can't rotate. But take the pictures with the camera horizontal/landscape. Iphone users especially (don't know if that's your phone) like to take them the 'wrong' way.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts