Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, i recently (today) switched out my passenger side door handle everything except the locking mechanism attached to the door halfway down, and the lock wont work. the same with the driverside that i replaced almost a year ago. if i lock my door, and then unlock it, with the key or from the inside, i cannot open the door from the outside. i have to open it from the inside, has anyone else had this problem? if you guys dont know what i mean, ill take a video so yu can see... i thought it might have been something eff'ed up with the drivers side, but now both of them are doing it....

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
When you re-assembled the door handle, did you secure the white clip to the pushrod? Sounds to me like the clip has possibly slipped and isn't moving the pushrod through a long enough stroke.
Or am I misinterpreting this? Does the door handle work normally (no need to pull on the handle vigorously to open the door) and only the locking bit is the problem? If that's the case, there is a second connecting rod between lock cylinder barrel and lock mechanism that may have come adrift.
Did you have the whole lock mechanism out? It really needs to come out completely to line up the linkages. I'll see if I can find pics.

Edit:
In the pic below, 1 is the inner door handle cable. 2 is the lock cylinder link to the inner door lock mechanism and 3 is the door release pushrod (broken in this case.) Your problem is with #2 probably.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts