Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so heres my problem... have a 2000 zx3. the door handle looks a little messed up but would always work if i gave it a good yank... now i gotta go through the passenger side and open it from the inside. and its just gotten to be a pain in the as and quite embarrassing....

so i have my door panel off and when i put the latch on the door to the position it would be in when the door is closed the handle does not push the rod down far enough to open the door. but if i manually push the rod down the latch will open. is there a way to adjust the rod or does my door handle need to be replaced. anyone got any advice for me???? ill try to get some pics up, however i dont know how to on this site, ill see what i can figure out.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Easiest and sure fire way is to replace the door handle. IIRC they aren't that much $30 maybe. I've repaired mine but I wouldn't advise it unless you like doing it often (I bent the rod to fit better).

Also sometimes just lubing the rod/latch helps, PB blaster to clean and bearing grease to lube.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply, and sorry i didn't close the posting... i actually did exactly as you had said, bent the rod and used some wd-40 and it works like its brand new.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.