Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i searched, but found nothing. has anyone removed the door guards? if so, pics plz?

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
well.. you could take those off, but it will most likely look hideous..... if im not mistaken, they are attatched just by the double sided tape... but dont wuote me on that.. they might be clipped in with clips, to the door, in which case, you would have to fill in the hole left by the clips, then paint over the filler..... if you dont like the way they look (i assume you have the black ones?) then take em off and paint them, nice, subtle mod that makes it look good, with leaving it on there... imo.. it would look kinda weird if they were taken off....

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I checked my catalog, they're held on with double sided tape. Mine aren't black. They're body color. I'm just wondering what they'd look like without them, because I hate them. I prefer them off vehicles.

See:
Mazda6 with door guards..
Mazda6 without door guards.

I like the look much better.

I'm just worried about these, since they're more molded into the body, unlike those of most cars.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I never even noticed this I must be blind but after seeing a pic without I think I want mine off too

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
well. if its the double sided tape, then it will work the same way a debadge would.. heat it up with a hair dryer, take the fishing line/dental floss... and yank em off...

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i know that. i'm not looking for a how-to on how to take them off, i'm wondering if because these are more molded into the body than most, what will it look like?

·
Registered
500 Posts
It will look like this...

Dont mind the black hubcaps.... [xx(]

·
Registered
500 Posts
Glad you like it, here is another picture different view I guess lol...

I am so glad my 05 fofo came without them!!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
06 Subie. Nice.

And since I've got the twilight blue i think it'll be okay, but I just wanted a closer up pic of one without them.

·
Registered
500 Posts
MeteorFlower said:
06 Subie. Nice.

And since I've got the twilight blue i think it'll be okay, but I just wanted a closer up pic of one without them.
HA nice grab, yeah 06 STI its not a bad little car. [;)] He's keepin it stock for about another month then going mod crazy!

Well good luck gettin them off, be sure to post up some pictures after!!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea, a friend of mine just bought one. White too. He loves it.

And definitely. Depending on the Az heat I may be able to pull them off tonight. Otherwise, it'll probably be Memorial Day weekend when I'm in Phoenix and can borrow my friends heat gun.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I Dig the look, would it work the same way to for other Foci? double sided tape as well?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
they're all double sided tape. I've got an 01 Sedan, so I'll post pics when I take them off..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts