Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
.....NObama.....
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where this is? None of the lights come on when I open my driver door and it's like somehting is disconnected. I looked behind the door panel but didn't see anything disconnected, and I dont know where it goes from there.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Check the switch on the dome light? There's a position for lights staying off, lights turning on then automaticly shutting off when something happens to the car, and all the way on. Slide it to the middle. I'm not sure if that's the problem you're having.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Dispraiser said:
Check the switch on the dome light? There's a position for lights staying off, lights turning on then automaticly shutting off when something happens to the car, and all the way on. Slide it to the middle. I'm not sure if that's the problem you're having.
Lol, was gonna suggest this too.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Is the pressure switch on the body frozen in? or does it move back and forth like it should?

Mouse

·
Registered
531 Posts
PhilMayfield said:
Lol, was gonna suggest this too.
It'd be pretty funny if he ripped his door all apart searching for a broken connection and all, and it turns out it was just the switch. I honestly think that might be the problem here, too. It's the kind of thing I know I wouldn't check before ripping my car apart searching for the problem. I think it falls under the same rule as "the remote is always in the last place you look."

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
that conrols the dome light besides the obivous switch thats on the dome light so check that see if its stuck u can push it in and out and all that stuff if the wires going to that are not messed up then your in some hurt oh and have fun getting to those wires that panel sucks well at least i think it does

·
.....NObama.....
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cool thanks for the picture....

and no, it's not the dome light LOL I'm not that blonde!!

It's in the middle and it always has been...when I unlock the doors it comes on, and if I open the passenger door it stays on, but if I have that door closed and I only open the driver door, it will turn off as if the doors were all closed. And the ding doesn't work like if I were to leave the lights on and open my door... thats a PITA cuz I have left my parking lights on before and forgot about it. Oops. I'll check that switch and see if they forgot to fix it or whatever. Thanks!

·
.....NObama.....
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
didn't know there was one, depends on how much money I make on my check on Thursday. PM me some details

_____
I looked at that switch and the switch still works, so I'm guessing that means the wires are screwed up. Maybe they forgot to hook them back up at the body shop. Either way I'll be taking that panel off ( gotta take the rear panel off anyway to dampen behind there, so it shouldn't be that big of a deal)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts