Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a used 2010 Ford Focus. I love it! However, when opening the car door with the remote, the door chime sounds and continues till I insert the key into the ignition. Very annoying. The car salesman says it happens on certain cars. I've never heard of it. Do I need to disengage the chime entirely so it doesn't sound at all, even when the lights are left on, or is there something else I should do. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
I just purchased a used 2010 Ford Focus. I love it! However, when opening the car door with the remote, the door chime sounds and continues till I insert the key into the ignition. Very annoying. The car salesman says it happens on certain cars. I've never heard of it. Do I need to disengage the chime entirely so it doesn't sound at all, even when the lights are left on, or is there something else I should do. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Hi dsquared,

Congrats on your new Focus! You should bring it in for service at your Ford dealer, as they may be able to help. If they are unable to stop the chime, please let me know.

~Natasha

1 - 2 of 2 Posts