Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my door ajar light came on and will not go off would this be from a door switch gone bad .my dome light still works with all 4 doors or is there two switches.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
it could be a bad door switch... not too sure though... It could be a bad connection also.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
damn beat me too it the trunk had me going once

·
Registered
3 Posts
I work at a Ford dealership, and we have alot of trouble with door ajar lights coming on in newer Ford vehicles, mostly in newer Rangers and some F-150's, talk around the lot is that spraying a shot of WD40 on the switch and opening and shuting the door a couple times should fix the problem. But, i don't know how well that will work in a Focus, I dont know that the problem has arrisen since I've been there.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
checked the trunk will try again, are the door switches in with the latch. they are not like the older cars. will try the wd-40

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was the trunk thanks for everbody's input this weekend have to work on my daughter's focus front coil spring broke thanks again for your help. I love this site need to get my daughter sign up.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
the coil springs are under recall. give ford a call.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
yes my door ajar was on and noticed it after I picked it up from the dealership when they did the TSB for the doors and called they to raise hell and after they told me to check the trunk I felt like such a dumb a&&

·
Registered
130 Posts
DraKhen99 said:
Check the trunk - I find that sometimes my trunk pops open on its own!

-John
Lucky you, i wish I could get mine to open on command. The damn thing wont open unless you buy it dinner first.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts