Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I used the wrong kind of paint, it didn't turn out dark enough and the clear kept bubbling up so I had to strip it off. Its ok though, I'm not going to have these wheels on much longer before I put on my snow tires anyway. Late October I'm going to take them off and repaint them.

Oh btw, sanding down EAP's is a pain in the a$$

·
Black Mesa Racing
2,410 Posts
from what i can tell i think they look nice

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
From where I'm sitting, they look nice!

·
Dumbledore dies?!?!
3,123 Posts
Looks good, but I could see your point where the clear didn't lay on right... Btw, anyone seen snacky? He's usually one of the first to post in these threads.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Once you take them off go have them sandblasted. It's pretty cheap. Then lay down a good primer base and repaint. I found that if you want a good finish with clear using a heat gun really works.

·
Banned
4,142 Posts
I think they look pretty good.

But if you do redo them def sand blast given the amount of small areas they have. I like it against the blue though. Kinda like a subie.

And TNfocus, i have been absent have a medical issue i am currently working out.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
what's wrong with them? they look good on the blue.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
maybe its just cause we're not seeing them up close, but from here they look pretty darn good

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
Nice Color... That will look awesome with a darker coat

·
Registered
189 Posts
yea from the pics posted i think the gold/bronze look on the focus look great, esp on a blue or a black, even white

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I don't think he likes how dull they look. You might even be able to get away with a good clearcoat. That might change your mind.

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
yea....i agree with him. resand them...blast them with a glossier paint and clear them...its too dull. needs more pop.

·
Proudly Daily Driven
2,255 Posts
I don't think he likes how dull they look. You might even be able to get away with a good clearcoat. That might change your mind.

agreed that what i was thinkin...cause they do look good just a lil dull, a nice clear coat would spruce them up

1 - 20 of 24 Posts