Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today when I was putting in my new ITG panel air filter I was trying to check the PCV filter in the stock air box. I seen that is was really dirty and when I went to grab it, it slipped because of all of the oil on it and I dropped it down the intake pipe. Not the intake towards the engine where the throttle body is. I dropped it down in the tube leading to the ram air on the hood. Just was wondering if this was bad to have in there or if it was bad to not have that filter in it's place until thurs. when my mechanic puts in a new PCV valve. Thanx ahead for the advice.

·
Registered
525 Posts
is that what its called? i always thought it was a crankcase filter. oh well.

im sure it will be ok. as long as its short term.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
If you droped it in the snorkle, its no big deal, you can take the time to just take the snorkle of and dump it out, if you leave it there, it wont go any farther than the air filter.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
DomestikZx3 said:
is that what its called? i always thought it was a crankcase filter. oh well.

im sure it will be ok. as long as its short term.
Your right by calling it a crankcase filter, because that what it is
Positive Crankcase Ventilation filter.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a lot guys, yea I was worried about that. Now as for oil coming in where the sponge used to be, I'm sure there isn't that much that comes in for there to be anything to worry about I'm sure. Or I hope lol. But yea I appreciate guys!

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
b16sir1991 said:
If you droped it in the snorkle, its no big deal, you can take the time to just take the snorkle of and dump it out, if you leave it there, it wont go any farther than the air filter.
Yup correct. He had me worried that he dropped it down the TB side as there's been people that have done similar things (oh yeah, you can imagine)......

·
Registered
750 Posts
Ok someone mentioned the PVC valve.. where is that located? cause i havd 110, 000 miles on my car and havent changed it...lol...oopsy...i heard it will do bad things if not changed, dont mean to hack your thread just wondering about it...

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Some of the guys on here have mentioned that it's next to the header on the right, I don't actually know for sure. Then the filter that I was talking about above is in the airbox. A good way to know if you have went to long which in your case that's along time lol. But anyways just check that green filter and if it's really dirty that usually the first sign that your pcv valve needs to be changed.

·
Registered
750 Posts
ok green filter?....i see a rubber inlet thing that goes into header but its a bitch to get out.. Is that the PVC?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You know what I just changed mine and it was a bitch to find. It was behind my header sitting like right above the trans. It was a pain to pull out as well. Now on the zx3 I don't know exactly. I think it's to the left of your header. You will see a vacuum hose going right to it, and then you just pull the cap off of it and then yank up on it. Just make sure it is before you go yanking, I'll see if I can get a pic of what it looks like. Because I'll tell ya what man when you change it your gas mileage will sky rocket. It is awesome I have like 270 miles and I still have a 1/4 tank of gas with an SVT!

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
mboren said:
You know what I just changed mine and it was a bitch to find. It was behind my header sitting like right above the trans. It was a pain to pull out as well. Now on the zx3 I don't know exactly. I think it's to the left of your header. You will see a vacuum hose going right to it, and then you just pull the cap off of it and then yank up on it. Just make sure it is before you go yanking, I'll see if I can get a pic of what it looks like. Because I'll tell ya what man when you change it your gas mileage will sky rocket. It is awesome I have like 270 miles and I still have a 1/4 tank of gas with an SVT!
no its in the same place. just to the right of the header. behind the header on the block. you will see a black hose coming from it. it just pulls off.

Yup correct. He had me worried that he dropped it down the TB side as there's been people that have done similar things (oh yeah, you can imagine)......
lol i had a buddy drop a socket down my throttle body.... dont ask.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts