Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have an engine here that I would like to ask about, I just bought this engine for cheap and I want to know if it will fit standard 2L zetec transmission. I live in Toronto and I think this engine is from the UK.

My best guess is that this engine is a 1.6 and we do not have 1.6 zetec engines in North America, so I want to ask:

Will a standard 2L transmission will fit?
Will a standard 2L exhaust manifold fit? I think the bolts are reversed so the manifold will point upwards.

Thanks Guys [:)]

·
Registered
259 Posts
I think DURACTEC exhaust will fit (manifolds+ flex pipe) as for the transmission they are same. Check the final drives from EU and USA models, you might be sluggish with 1,6L on a 2L trans. Good Luck
bdw, did you get the ECU = important,
how about engine mounts?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fakitol,

Thanks for the quick reply, It turns out the the engine is reversed!!! The intake and exhaust are switched, I and not sure if the engine turns in the opposite direction. I bought a 2.0L Zetec engine to compare and put them side by side to compare.

·
Premium Member
21,256 Posts
Moved to Engine and Transmission swap. I don't know if it's possible myself. I think the names of engines over there and over here are different. That's actually more like a NA Duratec than Zetec. Note the block is made of aluminum not iron, although it does appear to have a timing belt instead of a chain from what I can see here. IIRC, the NA Fiesta engine is similar.

Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts