Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i finally got around to replacing my broken drivers side power heated mirror. i hadn't tapped the gold mine that is the junk yard, and so i looked online for a cheap replacement.

i got one from usautoparts along with a clear grill for less than ford wanted for just the mirror. i finally got my first one yesterday and while it looks like it was built using the same tooling, the plastic is cheaper and different, along with it not fitting or being put together as well as the original ford mirrors. it was broken in the mail too, but that's another story.

it was made by KOOL-VUE if anyone wants to know, but i would seriously advise anyone just to go to the junkyard and downsize to just power if you have heated mirrors too.

the clear grill was great though and was exactly like my amber one but clear instead.

at least this new crappy mirror gives me both a reason to go to the junk yard and get more toys for the car and to look at upgrading to the svt painted door mirrors to accent the handles i'm getting soon.

...this has been another quality update by flinkly...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yeah, the stock mirrors are plenty cheaply made enough as it is. Mine had a broken mount on it, don't want to know how badly 3rd party replacements are made. Find yourself a junkyard that'll let you walk around and let you pull your own parts, you'll save a fortune. And find all kinds of stuff you'll want in your Focus like I did.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts