Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mods, Sorry for the double post i figure ill get more help from here.

Ok i posted about this in the interior section but got little help, i probably should of posted it here in the first place. Anyway yesterday i wanted to get a new bulb to put in the dome light so the interior would light up a different color. So i was trying to figure out how the thing came off and i finally got it off, but now it doesnt work at all, and everything seems to be connected, and the bulbs dont look burnt out either. Basically one second they working then i took it out and now its not, so i cant even test the bulbs i got. I checked the fuse that corresponds to the interior lights which is fuse 35(according to the manual) But the fuse is fine, so i dont know what to do. The only thing i could think of is that when i was trying to take it off first i put the screw driver through the hole under the big tab on the light assembly closest to the windshield, and maybe i touched something metal and shorted it, but the light wasnt on, and i put it in the off/middle position like the manual tells you to do. So yea i need help

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Fuse, checked the wrong one yesterday....im an idiot, thanks [;)]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Need help troubleshooting this pleeez. Interior map lights not working. Fuse and bulbs looked ok but replaced anyway. Still not working. Hope this does not sound like a dumb girl question,but, just had my windshield replaced since then they are not working. Are there any wires that are exposed when replacing a windshield? If that was a dumb question please offer some other areas to troubleshoot. Thanks so much.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
There is a fuse behind the interior fuse panel. It's labeled fuse # 63 and it's a 20 amp. The panel has to be loosened and turn around to find it. I think it's either 8mm or 10mm bolts. If you're not confident, have someone handy with tools check for you. I've done mine only one time. It's called Central Locking Module. It only takes about 10 minutes to check. Try to check the other easier access fuses first though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Terry B, thanks for replying! Ok so I checked the fuse you indicated above, it was ok. Tried disconnecting battery cables, replaced fuse and bulbs. Door ajar indicators (ding and light on dashboard) still working, intermittent wipers still working. Any other suggestions. Appreciate your help. Thanks Skizbaby

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
I guess you could check the power to the lights with a multimeter. I have one but I don't use it much. I'm not sure about how to use it on the dome lights. Maybe someone else will reply and advise you better than I can.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Is it an LED bulb? SOMETIMES it matters what direction it's placed. Try flipping the bulb around.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah that was my next step, just didnt want to spend $$ to buy a multimeter (that I will probably never use again). Lol, and I will be sure to change that "VTec", chicks huh? lmao! You would think after 11yrs/255,000 miles I would get that one right! Thanks again though, now I at least know a little about the back of the fuse panel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts