Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant seem to figure out a way to turn off any or all of the interior dome lights so they stay off when i open a door

Am i missing something? Ive never owned a car where u couldnt turn off the dome lights

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope immaengineer. Doest work. I can turn the dome lights off but every time u open the door they reactivate again. Damn. I hate when cars act like a nanny. There must b a way to turn them off If anyone knos itd b appreciated.

·
Registered
60 Posts
If you NEVER use them, disconnect them. Or do you want some functionality?
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
187 Posts
I don't like dome lights you can't turn off, or Day light running lights. If you are out at night on surveillance, or tracking a movie star, you don't want lights popping on all of the time and giving you away. [hihi]

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Altho i like my car overall its little no brainers like this that are annoying. One should b able to turn off any lights esp interior ones. Another misstep by ford

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'd put that one right there with the worthless navigation system and it's silly constant warnings.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was messing around with the dome lights today. You might want to try holding the dome light button so the lights go off, and then they should flash once after held for a few seconds. This seemed to do the trick for me, and the dome lights no longer come on.

The map lights dont work after this, you need to press the dome light button again to make them function normally. But holding it down does keep the domes off (hopefully) permanently.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Why don't you guys check the owners manual....? Something like this would certainly be in there.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I was messing around with the dome lights today. You might want to try holding the dome light button so the lights go off, and then they should flash once after held for a few seconds. This seemed to do the trick for me, and the dome lights no longer come on.

The map lights dont work after this, you need to press the dome light button again to make them function normally. But holding it down does keep the domes off (hopefully) permanently.
Sweet! I am going to try this tomorrow.
Why don't you guys check the owners manual....? Something like this would certainly be in there.
I perused what I figured were the logical locations in the manual for this info, but I couldn't find it.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Anyone else have a complaint about the dome lights? I find that when I turn them on, they incredibly birght (love the broight LEDs) but, because they are ALL mounted behind me, I am trying to see in a dark shadow.

I'd love to have "map lights" in the overhead swtich panel and may play with some ideas.

The interior lights do, however, light the rest of the car marvelously.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Anyone else have a complaint about the dome lights? I find that when I turn them on, they incredibly birght (love the broight LEDs) but, because they are ALL mounted behind me, I am trying to see in a dark shadow.

I'd love to have "map lights" in the overhead swtich panel and may play with some ideas.

The interior lights do, however, light the rest of the car marvelously.
I noticed that right away when I got the car -- probably the first quirk I noticed on the car when I got it. I think that the dome lights are positioned too far behind the seats to be very effective for any kind of reading light function...but I haven't needed to use them that way yet so I'm not really complaining about it, its just something I noticed. I thought they were positioned that far back on mine only because maybe getting the sunroof option caused the lights to be pushed back a bit...sounds like my assumption was incorrect and that it is on all of the models/packages.

·
Registered
788 Posts
The dome light for the front seat passengers in my SEL without moon roof are located approximately above the front of the center arm rest. The push switch in the front of the light fixture controls the beam straight down and the two push switches to the rear of the light fixture controls the beam directed towards the driver or passenger. I have found my dome light directed straight down provides sufficient light for general use and the directional lighting works very well for reading maps or written directions, not too bright, not too dim. No complaints here over the positioning or efficiency of the dome light.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I think the sunroof is the villain. It sounds like the ones in the SEL above are perfect. I've got some ideas to see if I can help it.

I leave early and write my mileage down. I've learned to simply flip the visor down and use the vanity light.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yea I think its the sunroof. My dome lights are on the sides of the car (not in the middle, which I beleive they are located on FFs without the sunroof) so its tougher to reach and is pushed a bit further back than I like...but just a small complaint about a sweet car

1 - 18 of 18 Posts