Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a replacement for the stock dome light in my 03 ZX3.... its BRIGHT and all but would like a unit that has seperate lights for the driver and passanger... ie map lights etc..

Any ideas[thumb]

·
Focus Addict
1,245 Posts
My '03 ZX3 came with individual map lights standard. But, then again, I have a sunroof.

·
Registered
437 Posts
if you're asking about taking off the panel and removing your dome light and/or passenger/drive side lights, you can *or atleast i can on my car*...thats how others change the color of their interior lights

·
Registered
161 Posts
I saw somehwere that you can buy a replacement that has the driver / passenger "map lights". I think it said they were from the SVT. I'll post a link as soon as I find it.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
I imagine it must be possible, what's being described sounds exactly like what my SVT has. I don't know how you go about getting one, but the dealer may be able to assist you in ordering the "deluxe" domelight. I must say, however, that it doesn't make that much difference if you're looking for a "spotlight" kind of light, the map lights still spread out into a pretty wide beam of light.

·
Registered
161 Posts
argggghhhh! I KNOW I saw this somehwere before, but I CAN'T FIND IT NOW.
I guess like SVT4ME said, go check with a ford dealer. I don't think that they woudl have any problem ordering one for you, I just can't remember how much it was.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Yeah, just go to the dealership to get the one with the map lights on the side. I just got one to replace my dingy 1lighter. It cost me about $41 with tax.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FocusChef....Thanks for the info.. I'll check the dealer... I was hoping the individual drvr/pass one would'nt be as bright as my stock single light one is.....

·
Registered
90 Posts
I will try to take some pics of mine if it will help. My '00 SE came stock with a unit that has two switchesd (one for each side) and when the door is open, they both come on. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I got my maplights used (in mint condition) off eBay. The guy sold them to me for $12. They are direct plug and play of course. Just unplug the the two plugs, and plug in the new ones and bam you're in business. Very easy to install, and the extra "projection style" maplights are very useful to me. They are good quality, made by Hella too hehe[:)]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts