Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just bought a 2009 Frod Focus Se coupe second hand.
I can't for the life of me figure out the dome light.

It appears the dome light and gear selector lights don't work (also foot wheel lights if it has those).

I've checked the fuse and it's good, I also checked the bulb itself and it's also good. I also tried playing with the cluster light dimmer switch as I know some cars use those to turn on the done lights.

Please help before I start tracing wires

all exterior lights work correctly and the trunk light as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe you just push up on the lenses to turn each light on.

Paul
Yeah, doesn't work and doesn't work when I open the door, fuse and bulb are both good.

The car needs a mirror switch (currently missing) so I think that might work, still not sure.

·
Registered
16,210 Posts
Ground for sure. Thinking a chip grounds it in the BCM, may be something wrong there.

·
Registered
16,210 Posts
The interior lights go off independently of dash lights; they cannot be connected in that respect.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Pop the light out of its mounting bracket in the headliner and verify that the clip on top is connected fully to the wiring harness.

Follow my guide here but just skip to where I detail how to do this.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SOLVED:

Turns out that the previous owner or someone unplugged the dome light. It seems to work just fine. And not only that tucked the wire out of the way, I literally had to use a pin light and fish around the head liner. I'm assuming this has something to do with the mirror because that seems to be aftermarket.

I highly appreciate all of you guys help ❤🙏.

·
Registered
38 Posts
SOLVED:

Turns out that the previous owner or someone unplugged the dome light. It seems to work just fine. And not only that tucked the wire out of the way, I literally had to use a pin light and fish around the head liner. I'm assuming this has something to do with the mirror because that seems to be aftermarket.

Thought that was it! Nice work

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
SOLVED:

(y)

Paul

1 - 17 of 17 Posts