Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i went to drive over to pep boys to pick up a new dome light bulb either red or green b/c i wanted the interior to have a nice glow to it. Anyway so i was trying to figure out how to take the dome light assembly out, finally figuring out how to do it. Anyway after i took it out, it didnt work, i tried turning it on when i put it back in, and nothin, dome light doesnt work and neither does the map lights. I followed the instructions in the manual too and put the dome light in the middle/off position before i took it out. So now it doesnt work at all, i cant even see how itll look with the new colored lights, i checked the fuse, even though supposly the power windows are connected to the same fuse as the interior lights and those still work and the fuse was fine. It looks like everythings connected but it just doesnt work. Has anyone else had this problem and any idea of how to fix it without going to the dealer. Plus i wish i knew how i messed it up, the only thing i can think of is when i was trying to take it out, i first put the screw driver through the hole thats under the big tab closest to the window and maybe i touched a metal part with it and shorted the whole thing, but the bulbs dont look fried so i dont know. Anyway help would be great thanks. [:(]

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok so if its a fuse, then which one controls the dome light if its not fuse 35, which the manaul says it is?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Well I pulled my fuse from #35 and the light went out. Are you sure you pulled the right fuse? Just for GP, it is in the top row.

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fuse, checked the wrong one yesterday....im an idiot, thanks [;)] I bought two different ones, one is a green led one, and i bought a regular red glass colored one. The green one is alright, not really bright enough if you ask me b/c you cant really tell theres a green light in the car unless you look at the light itself. Im going to try the red ones tomorrow or something and see how those are, i dont know everytime i get LED's they just dont seem bright enough. If the red doesnt look good im going to try to find a regular green colored one, or maybe a LED thats more powerful.

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^^^yea at first it didnt work at all, but its a tad bit short, which may be the problem but it still lights up. Its the only one they had though. Ill try fiddling with it, b/c for some reason it still has a slight glow to it when i have it set in the middle position, you know fade in and out whether the doors are open.

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i guess then it wont matter if i left it in the middle since it draws like no power, so i doubt itll kill the battery, i mean the clock on the radio and the alarm led probably draw more power. I put the red one in today and ill see how it is tonight. Oh and when taking the green on out, i noticed that the leds inside the bulb were actaully pointing towards the windshield instead of down, so after i see how the red one looks im going to put the green one back in and see if its more noticable with the leds point down.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts