Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my dome light was working a couple days ago. I use the power feeding the dome light (door activated) running in parallel to two other LEDs, as well as a switchable set of LEDs in the floorboards and back seat. Suddenly, they don't work anymore.

Fuse #35 @ 7.5A checks out fine, but I'm not getting any power to that fuse (checked by voltmeter). Is there a larger fuse or relay that controls power to that fuse box I could check?

Also, I've looked around and have only found one instance of someone complaining of brittle wires up top. If that's the case, I could spend half a day tracing the wires back and re-running them, or if someone knows where they link up to the main wiring harness, I could do it in an hour or so.

Lastly, I'm looking for a replacement for the actual dome light fixture, as this one has been finicky lately, and will flicker occasionally. I'd like to just replace it, but I can't find the part anywhere. If anyone could be so kind as to let me know what to look for, that'd be awesome. Rockauto, Partsgeek, and CarID do not have anything (that I can find), which seems strange, so I think I'm looking in the wrong category or searching for the wrong item.

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to General Tech Chat, better place for the wiring question.

·
Registered
17,455 Posts
Light fixture is dealer part or junkyard, no one sells enough of that to stock them, like 10,000 other parts on cars.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts