Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Doing my SVT a little different (pics inside)

In the 4 years i've been a member of FF i have watched and learned many trends that we focus owner's have gone through. Now that i have my svt i see that I have the top of the line car in the U.S and its pretty maxed out from the factory and people that dont have a svt want our parts. I see many svt's with the same styling ways and i have noticed that we do alot of the same mods, hey if it looks good do it. I was looking through the ROTM svt eap and they all looked the same.
Now the things i will propose to do to my car are simply that, proposals. I am notorious in my family for saying im gonna do this to my car and never do it so we'll see how it goes. Here is the list of mods i am hoping to do:

1. Remove my svt front lip (just wanna see how it looks)
-maybe make a lip to fill its place (who knows)
2. Tsudo cat-back exhaust (had one before and know of only 1-2 others with it on their svt)
3. CFM ORP (you just gotta have one on a svt)
4. Toms Tune (another must)
5. Race Kit suspension from Mike @ Hillbish Ford
-front and rear sways afterwards one day
6. Steeda hood or carbon fiber oem hood
7. Swapping my euro wheels for an aftermarket set of 5 spoke wheels (not sure which ones exactly)
8. Removing the honeycomb on my rear bumper, maybe (dont know how it will look empty or what i could but in there to make it look good)
9. STS with new knob (just for kicks and shorter throws)
10. Yellow fog bulbs and daytime running mod
11. Putting my sub and amp back in and adding an aftermarket HU (have the parts just gotta make the time)
12. Custom headliner in plaid or Homer Simpson pictures
13. Paint my hood flat black and have my grandpa do some art work on it (he is a painter and used to do pinstriping back in the 60's and 70's)
14. Tails (trying to find the right pair of L.E.D. ones)

And i think that is it, if i can think of anything else i will add to it and i hope to update this thread as i do things. Know it will take me a while to do all these mods if i still want to do them when the time comes. Some of the freebee mods i will try to do this weekend. Now i know that im not completely out of my mind and most of these have been done before, i just dont want to be just another eap svt. I go to school and work as much as i can so with paying my payments and the last of tuition i will mod as best i can.

If you have a comment say it freely, wont hurt my feelings and its my car and it should be the way i like it cus i drive it over an hour everyday.

thanks for checking it out
-darko

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
[/QUOTE] I was looking through the ROTM svt eap and they all looked the same.

I am notorious in my family for saying im gonna do this to my car and never do it so we'll see how it goes.
[/QUOTE]

I agree with you whole heartedly on the first statement(even though I'm in the running and am guilty of this), and am the same way when it comes to my family and friends. Good luck on the mods, sounds like a plan.

·
coooookie monster
7,570 Posts
i had a plan for how mine would look from day 1....and not i love the look! just need GO mods now

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^^thanks uncle tom, dont tell john he hates car stuff.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I took my shift nob off and replaced it with an B&M t-bone handle, hits great in my hands and looks good (IMO)

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I took my shift nob off and replaced it with an B&M t-bone handle, hits great in my hands and looks good (IMO)
i've thought of this before and may just borrow your idea.

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
not all the eaps in rotm look the same... I dont have my euro wheels or my stock tail lights.....

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
not all the eaps in rotm look the same... I dont have my euro wheels or my stock tail lights.....
I know that not all look the same, but lots do. People with eap svts keep the exterior pretty much the same. and i know there isnt much else for us to do so we just leave them be.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
10/18/08: Today i started doing some things, remove front lip and rear honeycomb. What a pain in the ass that was, front lip held in by 9 screws and 4 clips, and rear held in by 11 screws, i think Ford overdid it on the screws in my opinion. The svt without the front lip looks goofy cus it has some crap that was holding up the lip, so i went to Home Depot and i will be putting on the HD lip after lunch. For the rear honey comb i picked up some paint samples and am going to see which is the best match and will play around with some painting, either outline or inside the honey combs, who knows. well as promised here are some pics of my progress so far:

And last is a quick thing i did with a piece of dark plexi glass, just for giggles, dont know if i will use it for anything yet.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here are the rest of the pics i have from today. Completed HD lip and switched my fog lights to a super sexy yellow. I took off all the honey combs and cleaned them and painted them black all over again cus they were dirty and dusty. I will put them on tomorrow and post some pics.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Those black dots covering up where the front plate mount would be ... gotta go. Even if they're just painted the same color as the car, that will help them blend in some.

·
Premium Member
3,110 Posts
I hope you plan on doing something with the rear..i think you should get the sap diffuser i love that but without either it looks like crap IMO. But if you like that cool!

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I hope you plan on doing something with the rear..i think you should get the sap diffuser i love that but without either it looks like crap IMO. But if you like that cool!
I know, right when i took it off i thought to myself, this looks like crap. Tomorrow im putting it back on cus i painted it today, i might look into the SAP bumper, where can i find one and how much do they usually run?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
what does the SAP bumper look like?

·
MOAR BEWST!!!!
1,528 Posts
hey i got yellow fog lights too i love them. I will post pics later tonight if i can get to my laptop

1 - 20 of 25 Posts