Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I dont know much but I think spark plugs do have alot of play when it comes to the idle, right? an overall run of the engine, of course

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Should I got with iridium plugsplug these coppers we soak with oil at one point because I replaced them before I did my valve cover gasket

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Autolite copper 104. Replace every 30,000 miles.
copper does not last as long not even close, but they actually work better.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I have kids and just cant afford to keep chasing problems down anymore. I'm thinking about wrapping it around a tree an hust writing it out since I carry full coverage

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Of course it's not a smart idea. Either I drive the car till it overheats an ruins the engine and get screw over, chase the problem down till I'm broke

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
It's not going to overheat. So what there's some vibrations you don't like it idles funny big deal. None of those problems affect the car going from point A to point B. The car does not live at idle. Your battery is weak that's a fact.
Drive the damn car.

And of course you do realize your insurance would skyrocket. Of course you could get sued maybe even jail time because purposely wrecking a car is insurance fraud.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Save your money when the car actually overheats or actually legitimately stalls out then worry. Until then save your money and quit messing with it.
I highly doubt either of those will actually happen though.
I would make sure hopefully you did use a new throttle body gasket.
Run some high-quality fuel injector cleaner through it. And of course a new battery.

After those three things have been done leave it alone. I could have your car running great in an hour, but you have to listen and actually take people's advice. Your mechanic I don't know him sounds stupid these are not complicated vehicles.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I know you're right. What do you think of the fiesta s 4 door
I have a Fiesta ST which is very different than a Fiesta s. I would not recommend one with the automatic because of the issues with the DCT transmission.
The Ford Focus you have is very reliable I promise you. I drive my car hard, my brother has a 2005 which is the same engine with 270,000 miles.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Is has the DCT transmission if it's an automatic.
The fiesta got it one year earlier than the focus. You also have a timing belt to worry about.

41 - 60 of 78 Posts