Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2010 focus that's got a 2 month old dog bone mount on it but lately iv noticed a engine kick back as its warning up in park. I can literally feel the engine rock back and ford even so often. Is this normal and if so how can I prevent it from doing so. Also are these the inserts incan be to help make a better connection so there isnt a kick back from the engine. What I imagined happening is the rubber mount in the housing is moving back and forth with the weight if the engine kicking around until its warm and figured out what it wants to do

Attachments

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
If you are bothered by vibration you will not like those.
Yes some movement is normal that is the compromise with a rubber mount less vibration more movement.
Performance motor mounts more vibration less movement.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So it's normal to feel the engine kick back an forth like that as its warming up. An if I have these will it eliminate that kick back that I get with the rubber

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
It will hurt absolutely nothing, but if you are bothered by vibrations you will not like it.

Your engine shouldn't be moving while it's in park.The purpose of the dog bone mount is to help control movement when power is applied.

You have complained about vibration quite a bit I promise you you will not like it.

You are over analyzing your engine movement I have driven these cars with complete broken engine mounts before.

It's a cheap economy car just take care of it and drive it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When it drops under 1000 rpms I can feel the engine like rock a big and I can feel it in the seat so at this point should I warranty out this mount. It feels like a normal engine idle but sometimes I can feel my seat rock when the idle jumps up

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
The kickback you are describing should only exist during shifting, and when heavy power is applied.

The only thing a upgraded mount will do for you at idle is increase your vibration at idle that's when they vibrate.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's what's weird then cause it doesn't kick back in drive only in park when its dropping idle an hunting for an idle. I have no cel light my coils are all firing

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
A OEM rubber rear motor mount is easy to inspect if the rubber is intact and it's not torn it's fine.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah it looks normal so I'm wondering what is causing my engine to move while in park unless it's my exhaust rocking under the car when the flex pipe is

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
You could replace it if you want but honestly I think you're over stressing yourself with these engine mounts they are not that problematic.

I have driven these cars with broken engine mounts. I promise you it's not going to hurt anything.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, you're definitely right. I just feel like something is wrong but this is the first 4 cylinder iv owed an one of the first focus iv owned so I'm used to smoother cars to be honest but update is I could only get to one of the bolts which is the one that goes to the subframe an I act6had to retorque it down

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I had my battery starter an alternator tested after I got off work. My battery an starter passed. My alternator passed as well but it fluctuates. Is that normal. My mechanic says a alternator will never hold a steady voltage but as long as it doesnt drop under 14 I'm fine

1 - 20 of 78 Posts