Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up an '05 ZX5 and I would have thought that when I click the unlock button on my Fob that the lights would blink?
My Friend has an '06 ZX5 which does this??
My lights do blink when I lock the doors with the Fob....
It's just handy to find your car when you're in a parking lot (without having to press lock and cause the horn honk!)
Any help/clarification is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
nope...the 2005's lights don't blink when you unlock the car. However, the dome lights should come on in the inside of the car when your car is unlocked.

·
GoKart and Me!!!
13,487 Posts
I actually had to go test this one because I didn't know.

Unlocking=No Blink (whether it's just driver's side or all doors)
Locking w/o alarm=one blink
Locking w/ alarm=two blinks

I actually learning something new with my car today. YAY!!![clap][thumb]

The dome light does come on IF the dome light switch is in the middle position.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
same here on my 02. my lights dont even blink when i unlock it, i kinda wished it did.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Me too, that's why I was hoping there was some easy way to do so.
Thanks for the confirmation.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Well....my '06 only blows the horn if you press the lock button two times in a row (fast). If you press lock one time, the lights blink once. Pressing unlock doesn't blink the exterior lights.

I added a delay relay into the system so when I press lock, the external lights stay on for about two minutes. That lights up my walk-way to my front door. Luckily I had the relay....don't know where you could find one.

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
IIRC, when you hold down either the lock (or the lock and unlock buttons at the sametime)on the key fob, you can program the lights to blink either once or twice.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll have to give that a try!
I know that holding down the lock and unlock buttons on the fob for 4 seconds will toggle the functionality of the unlock button unlocking just the driver's door or all doors (which I changed mine to already).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts