Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in buying some tires from tirerack and I'm seeing there are shipping charges. Are there ever promos or offers where they have free shipping?

I am in Toronto but I'll be shipping to the states and picking them up here.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
In all the years i have been buying from Tire Rack i never saw a free shipping.
They have other tire manufacturer deals.. and the best prices anywhere, but no free shipping.
usually the shipping is pretty cheap. They send the tires just tires. no box.
The tires can take tha mandatory thirty foot drop all shippers include as a free perk for all packaging marked Fragile, or Electronics, or Glass... (just kidding, they only throw them down fifteen, onto concrete rubble) just kidding.. [bigcry]
Tires are just too big for them to play soccer with on breaks....

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
discounttire.com offers free shipping
Hmmm, I did notice this but I'm not sure they have the TPMS sensors or rims. I was planning to get everything mounted and balanced when I go pick them up. Will Discount also do free mounting of tire to rim and balancing?

edit: just found the rims from their site but not sure they have the sensors. I see they have the rebuild kit though.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Discount Tire Direct offers pretty much the same services (tire and wheel packages etc.) that Tirerack offers. Discount handles some brands the Tirerack doesn't and vice versa. My observation is that Discount doesn't offer as big a selection as Tirerack, but its still plenty adequate for most. While Discount Tire does provide free shipping, the price still ends up to be nearly identical to Tireracks once shipping is added to their prices....(coincidence?). The big difference is that Tirerack provides far more technical information, testing, etc. compared to Discount Tire.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Thanks for asking this. Unfortunately UPS and Fedex don't move anything for free and we choose to mark the shipping cost separately instead of pricing it into the items we sell. Whether that's a better or worse business model is really a matter of opinion but we feel like it gives us more flexibility to offer a better costs.

Like it was mentioned above, we don't have any shipping promotions but feel free to contact me any time and I'm more than happy to work out what the best cost option will be. And if you have any questions about the stuff we sell please let me know because we get the benefit of having very detailed training and personal experience with most of our products.

Reactions: Missourileo
1 - 7 of 7 Posts