Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lifted Svt???

OK GUYS SOME WITH ADVICE!! INSTALLED THE VOGTLAND SPRINGS TODAY ON THE CAR AND THE CAR SEEMS TO BE SITING HIHGER< THAT IT WAS!!! WTF ANYBODY KNOW WHY OR IS IT SOMETHING THAT I MISSED

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
give it a couple weeks. new springs have to "settle". eventually they should drop. if not complain to the manufacturer. unless of course they sent you the wrong springs.

·
aka The Wizard
8,950 Posts
the stock svt suspension is dropped so i can see why aftermarkets couls raise it a little..

definetly give it a little time they'll drop... if they don't drop after about 2 weeks take it out for a nice hard test drive and if that doesn't get it lower... contact vogtland...

i had 0 problems with my sportlines, but i also have a ZX3 so idk about you SVT owners

·
Registered
259 Posts
Hey man look on the bright side of things, now your SVT won't bottom out on every bump... Now you're almost ready for WRC stuff!!!

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I HOPE THE THE SPRINGS DROP LIKE A INCH> THE THING IS THE SVT ONLY DROPS A .5 in stock the springs says it will drop the the focus 1.5 in which would make since to people with common sense that it will drop the car only 1 in. i'm not rocket scientist but that is basic math

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
hmm, now youll be able to go through deep puddles and that little squirrel that youd normally demolish might be saved lol.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Lol, I'd phone them up if it didn't work.
I was kinda hoping for a lift kit for the focus so you could do a little off roading. I know as I am typing this someone is building there own Focus rally car.

Logan

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
That someone would be me.

And other people, I guess.

But I want a 12sec rally Focus, that can hang with an STi.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well after about 4 hours of labor i finally got everything done! the rear doesn't seem to want to drop but the front droped as expected. so i looks kinda funny like a hot rod or something! the car can be easily pushed the point were the conti don't like it. any ideas on how to get the back to drop?

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
toss some sandbags in the back, i ddi that during winter, but 150lbs back there and it dropped it an inch, might also help push your springs down as well

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i'm gonna put my sub and back in there and let it weigh things down.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
That doesnt sound right Kyle. They should have dropped it initially more than the svt springs, sounds like maybe the wrong springs. You saw what my svt sits like with the Tein springs. Those took it down 1.5" lower than the svt springs.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i'll post pics during my lunch

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
How long ago did you install it? It might need time to settle.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sunday

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
THANXS SORRY ABOUT THAT, so what should i do i mean the car looks ok i guess. but i wanted it droped.

·
Registered
549 Posts
i have tein's as well and i could see the difference after i drove it a few blocks...the back looked a little lower after the install but naturally since the back has very little weight on it,it took a few days for the back to settle, but the front was an immediate change

1 - 20 of 20 Posts